Name your favorite Rainbow

Vote for your favorite Rainbow album

• Down To Earth (1979)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stranger In Us All (1995)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"I hate rainbows... You'll just be sitting there, minding your own business, and they'll come marching in, and crawl up your leg, and start biting the inside of your ass, and you'll be all like, "Hey. Get out of my ass you stupid rainbows"

How odd seeing this thread, just last night I listened to everyone of them back to back.
I could never choose a favorite album but I do think I prefer the Turner stuff over all, atleast as solid albums. Now I'm sa big Dio fan but those albums can be hit and miss song wise.

funny-pictures-snow-cone-cat-tastes-the-rainbow.jpg

Rising because it has my favorite song on it-Stargazer. Not sure why JLT would get any grief because it was Blackmore who wanted to go more commercial. I did enjoy all the eras.

...looks like it's Rising by a landslide! It's a shame how none of the cuts get regular rotation on classic rock radio. To my knowledge, I don't know if I've ever heard a Rainbow song played on classic rock radio.

~Brian~

Well, you really can't go wrong with BLACKMORE'S RAINBOW and LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL, though those are the ones most metal friendly.

I even enjoy their commercial stuff.

I first got into them around 1984 during the DIFFICULT TO CURE era, primarily from the video for STREET OF DREAMS.

Though anyone who calls themselves a metalhead and doesn't appreciate KILL THE KING or MAN ON THE SILVER MOUNTAIN needs their freakin' head examined!

Okay, I'm sorry dude, I really sound very nitpicky, but wasn't "Street Of Dreams" on the "Bent Out Of Shape" album from 1983 & not "Difficult To Cure" which actually came out in 1981?! Good album "Difficult To Cure"
"Jealous Lover" & "Can't Happen Here" were two of my faves from that one!!!:headbang:
Oh & the Best 2 I'd pick, would be Rising & Long Live Rock & Roll!!! :kickass: