Nasty Death Metal with real drums

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
Hope ya dig it.. Band is Forged of Flesh..

Drums are completely real, with a triggered kick, which is triggering a sample of my own.. No slate or shit like dat:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to hear the OH's a little louder. Other than that I like this sound for raw, nasty death metal.

What was the guitar chain? Those palm mutes are grainy in a good way.

Thanks Fader.

I plan on automating the ohs eventually. I'm just working on all of the edits right now, and a general mix! :)

here's another:

Usually I LOVE your mixes. :)
But this sounds too muddy to me.
Could also be that I don't know how real death metal should sound like! :D
But as you said: you're still mixing this, so I hope that you'll fix it.

Edit: Listened to it again...imo it's only a LITTLE muddy. Not too much.

Hey man, I really like your overall sound and like I have said before...you continue to improve from project to project.

One thing I keep noticing on your mixes though is there are really obvious edits here and there. Even on final products. Be sure to listen really close for stuff like that because even with great overall tones...that really brings the mix down.

very muddy over here, try high passing a little on the master buss and bring the higher frequencies also up a smidge.

yeah not very clear overall, very raw and snare is burried overall
also cant make out the bass very good
but with a little work you can make a nice death metal mix out of it
raw sound works good for that kind of stuff, but now everythings burried by the muddyness imo

Thanks for the comments guys.. Here's the most recent mix.. Should sound a bit more clear:

yep better!
vocals and snare are still a bit burried
not on every spots, but most of the time

Thanks dude.

I'm planning on doing lots of automation for this band once I'm completely done with editing and such.. It's such a busy style, that I think it requires it.