Ne Obliviscaris Australian Tour 2009

The flamenco section is fucking incredible. Made me want to learn how to dance it again, but then I realised I can't be bothered.

Some people are just trolls, and lack the maturity to think "Well shit, this isn't working for me. Perhaps I'll go sit outside and have a beer." 'Cause being a dick is much less effort than walking the few yards to leave. Gasp!

Geelong and Melbourne are going to be epic, at least for me. A semi-decent amount of travel, no sleep for the entire weekend. Bring it on.

And you get to see me, :headbang:

Yeah, i heard that-- during the flamenco section of 'Tapestry..'. You can't please everyone so that sort of stuff doesn't bother me except in that it does disrupt the mood for the fans there trying to take all the music in. A NeO fan ended up getting in some big argument with the person who heckled.... so at least someone was nice enough to tell them to fuck off for us. :p

Respect is a really important quality. There are lots of bands I don't like, but I still respect that they are doing what they want to do and the fact that i may not like it is really of no consequence. It just means i won't listen/watch the band. It's a shame some people feel the need to try and bring a band they don't like down as if they don't deserve any of the praise they are getting. But that is human nature to a degree I guess.

there was one at the last EBC NeO show as well who was yelling abuse right next to my ear...not impressed! why do people willingly pay money to go to shows and diss bands? i thought empyrean were kinda lousy, so i just had a beer/smoko outside with my mates rather than getting up the front and shouting 'YOU SUCK' or somesuch.

maybe its tall poppy syndrome :D

@ Vred - Indeed! I get to see lots of people! :D (I think I'm catching the train, btw.)

@ Giles - Tall Poppy Syndrome is a fucking ridiculous thing. On one hand, I know why people act the way they do, but on the other I just don't understand. Fact is, there will ALWAYS be people are better at x activity than you or me or anyone. So fucking what?

I'm ranty today. Be glad I'm forcing myself to keep this short.

You guys really think it's that bad? You try working for bands that you really, really dislike, but for the sake of being paid, you have to kiss ass and ''oh yeah guys that was GREAT''.

I also don't get to walk away for their sets, I have to sit there and do it. Sucks so much :|

This is true, I do feel for you on that one. If it wasn't for my tendency to either be flailing around in a wild fit of glee or outside chugging pints and chainsmoking (though that doesn't happen anymore, since I quit; sigh) I'd keep you entertained. Alas, you're seemingly SOL. :p
I'd have killed myself if I had to sit through Mournful Congregation. (I'm sure they're a fantastic band, but my attention span requires a little more... lol)

Thanks. These gigs will be the true test, or at least afterwards. I won't be sleeping at all the entire weekend, and I tend to (used to) rely on cigarettes to keep me awake/stave off boredom for a few minutes. Eek.

Really looking forward to the Melbourne show, got someone to fill in for me at work the next day so I'm going to let loose (working the weekends totally blows chunks).

Payday today. Just checked my funds. I can afford to get to and into the gigs in Geelong/Melbourne, but no merch and no beer. It's going to be a very long weekend. :lol:

Sif pack. All you need is chewing gum and deoderant.
Then again, you're a roadie-type. You're expected to smell awful.

That's a smell you'd probably eat up.

Brendan at the Brisbane show walking around with his sweat towel, THAT was good smells :lol:

You know me too well. If only I could find a man who smelled like that and was as hairy as a troll. Maybe then I'd stop being a raging dyke.

he's probably referring to the fact that you could imbibe his smell through your gustatory rather than olfactory senses :D