Nebula iDesk and Slate VCC... WTF?!?

And I respect that opinion... I will just repeat that "anyone can be an asshole given the right situation". If you haven't had the experience of more than one developer of software or hardware come off as an asshole, you've been in contact with way too few developers is all I'm saying and if you want to base your decision on what to buy on such an isolated event when you don't even know the person, ultimately you wouldn't buy a single thing for the risk of someone acting like an a-hole towards you which can and will happen given the right situation since in most cases WHEN that happens it very seldom has to do with YOU but some other situation out of your control.

I'm sorry if you took offense, that statement was not directed towards you in any way. Just saying... buy what sounds good to you and leave all those other insecurities at the door is my opinion.

Fair enough, those are all valid points and I do understand your opinion on the matter :) Absolutely no offense whatsoever taken, just wanted to point out I'm not deliberately compromising the quality of my work because of purely ethical standpoints.

I just saw the stuff on kvr. :lol:

/mind blown

shitstorm.jpg

Good luck to both parties involved, when this clears hopefully they can shake hands and continue to create awesome software without any hard feelings.

Can you link to what the URS guy said?

He starts on Page 3 of this thread over at the KVR forums. He has no dog in this drama between Slate/Giancarlo of Acustica-Audio/and the Alex B. guy (sorry don't know his name) but he post on damn near every page about Slates marketing and how shameful it is and how it effects all other developers (note none aside from Giancalo come to his defense). He goes on for the entire legth of that thread - finally deciding it would be better in a new thread which I've not participated in or read. Just a very dickish move and really makes me have no interest in his products.

It's essentially an issue between two companies, and every dick and his dog having their say out in the public where the issue shouldn't even be. Then people like myself taking pot-shots at the whole lot of them for being cocks.

URS guy sucks ass, i dont even like their stuff... and that stuff about contact info wtf?!? i was friend with mr slate himself on facebook when i had profile... plus every problem i had was resolved in quickest possible manner...

they should focus less on bitchin and more on making great and usable stuff like slate

Make sure you're clear about who we're talking about. The guy in the thread is Urs Heckmann, an independent plugin developer, as opposed to URS plugins, a totally unrelated, much larger company.

OMG, haha!

Just wanna thank Steven here, I own all of the Slate Digital products and I LOVE every single plugin.
Trigger catches every fucking ghostnote, and so on.
Their support is ace, anyways...

Greetz