Necrophagist fans?

I really like Necrophagist, especially live! Caught their show in Dallas with Cannibal Corpse and Dying Fetus - in fact I even mentioned them in my review:

"The genius behind Necrophagist’s innovation shines even brighter in the live arena. Their combination of technical skills and extreme death metal launches them into the forefront as the progressors of the genre. Their set invoked an instantaneous moshpit and the crowd ate up the over-the-top guitar solos."

They're cool but I'm not enamored with them. I became less enamored with them after seeing their show at Carving North America's Epitaph tour, where they played a nice set but were the least-awesome band of the show. I just skipped the Corpse/Fetus/Phagist tour.

They are amazing musically, I do get a little tired of the vocals. It takes a lot to keep me interested in death vocals. I tend to lean towards those with more flucuation, and maybe some layering. But they are still an amazing band.

So you quit, right?? ....Back away from the guitar, and no one will get hurt!:cool:

Believe me, I felt like it. Fortunately for the egos of all the aspiring band members in the D.C. area, however, I continue to dispense hope by playing onstage - proving, once and for all, that you need NO talent to be in a band.

:lol:

Back on topic, Muhammed is reportedly converting to playing 7 strings for the next album. That should make it even more interesting...