Need a 7 string

DV016_Jpg_Large_519787.001_black_R2.jpg

I just purchased one of these.... It's great in the studio. Sounds freakin' huge. However, replacing the pickups might be a good idea for live, as they probably feedback terribly.
http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-rg7321-7-string-electric-guitar/519787000001000

Yeah? I've always heard that the 7321 was considered a ok-ish starter 7 string?

I think if I was gonna go for a guitar for downtuning I'd have to grab a baritone. I like my strings tight as hell and probably wouldn't be able to live with anything less than a 27" once I was down in B or lower.

hey John if you dont mind me asking what wood type are you gonna choose for that Ran?? Also did you decide which pickup you would put in there?
I was also wondering if the guy would install a floating trem on that one..

guitarguru may i ask which agile youre speaking of? my drummer is looking for a cheap 7 and id like to show him one that still is of good quality and sounds good.

Other than that im looking at the ran myself (but dont have the money yet); i think its a beautiful guitar but ive never heard it and i was wondering if it sounds as good as it looks!!

John: should we say congrats yet! :)

guitarguru may i ask which agile youre speaking of? my drummer is looking for a cheap 7 and id like to show him one that still is of good quality and sounds good.

Other than that im looking at the ran myself (but dont have the money yet); i think its a beautiful guitar but ive never heard it and i was wondering if it sounds as good as it looks!!

Heres a link for ya...
http://www.rondomusic.com/7string.html

thank you Cyril!! i know that link though but my question was if there was one model in particular that he was talking about? cause ive never tried any of em.. But anyway enough hijacking on my part i need to shut up. haha

I can't speak for him, but IMO if I was in the market for another new guitar, I'd be all over the Septor Elite 727. :kickass:

Interceptor with EMG's Its the only one I reccomend, the Cephus pickups suck. Also stick with the Hard Tail the Floyd tends to make the guitar actually more muddy.