Searching for a 7 String...

Mopy

New Metal Member
Sep 6, 2011
Howdy!

For a while I've been oogling at the idea of getting a 7 string guitar, even more so after joining a band in which we tune to Drop G.
Tuning down to G on a 25.5" 6 string is a massive pain in the arse... Plus, it would make writing melodies far more intuitive.

So, here are the requirements...

26.5/27"
No tremolo/floyd, String Through/TOM only
Super-strat shape
(Preferably no inlays, only dots on the side. Although, providing the inlays aren't too ridiculous I can settle)

Budget: $800 USD or $1000 Australian. The reason for only $800 is that I don't want to get hit with import tax trying to get the guitar into the country. Had a bad enough experience with my ESP with all that... :mad:

The tone I'm going after would be closest to this;

Northlane - Exposure

I've been considering the ET Guitars Tomahawk FX7 although the scale length is only 25.5"...

All suggestions are appreciated!
Thanks.

the only ones i can think of would be the Schector Hellraiser C-7 or an Agile Septor Pro 727. you should be able to get one of those for under 1k aud.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I'm not exactly comfortable with purchasing a guitar I can't play. Hence why Agile is now out of the picture.
The Schecter Loomis is something I'm keeping an eye on, although it is $900~ on ebay and cuts into the $1000's once shipping fees are introduced. Meaning I get hit with massive import taxes.
I sent Ernie from ET Guitars an email last night, and looks like I'll be placing an order in the upcoming months for a Tomahawk FX7 with some of my own personal preferences added! :)

27" Scale
25 Frets
Hipshot Bridge
No inlays