Need a corset for PP?????

ladyFreyja83

Aug 19, 2010
Seattle
www.beyondthealter.net
Hey Ladies its that time again! The time when all us girls search and scramble and wonder what should I do for corset night. Some of you know that I sew and have made my own corsets in the past, and this year I have some spare time to offer my services to anyone who would like some help in this department. I am offering a 2 months to go special on a custom corset for you at $40 (to be brought to you at PP) or $60 (to be mailed to you upon completion), if mailed will be to you within at least 2 weeks prior to the fest, unless ordered 2 weeks before fest,(hand delivery only at that time). I have currently 3 styles I can offer at this moment... Underbust, tank/vest, or mid bust. If you have certain colors/trims in mind I will work with you on that too! ( I will have pics of sample styles posted shortly). Also if you do wish to order PLEASE use REAL measurments! (PM me those). Thanks Ladies and look forward to seeing all you this year!

Heather (LadyFreyja)

I might be interested in purchasing one for my special lady. Do you have any sample pics laying around?

I'm sure Miss Heather won't mind me posting this pic from her facebook.. :)

Her corset last year was amazing!! I couldn't believe that she made it herself (and I mean that as a sincere compliment!)

267686_1800221325095_1226651186_31552246_1896372_n.jpg

thanks Jen,
Yes I will have more pics the one Jen posted is one Im almost done with, Im awaiting a shipment of busks and boning so Ill have 2 styles to show completed soon...also I am almost done designing an overbust corset for a friend of mine so that style will also be available soon....

Jen....the tank/vest version I have I made with you in mind if you want me to bring you one just in case!

Yes I use steel boning....I prefer solid steel it still flexes a bit but provides better support and a cleaner looking finished product...I do also have spiral steel boning which can be used and allows for a little more 'give' my first corset ever was made with this still provides good support but nice for those who may not be use to or up to the riggers of all day corset wear. your boning options are also 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch, this also is determined on how much support you want ( I myself am using 1/2inch this year).

Oh shit that is awesome.. I'm used to steel boning, myself. I usually spend my Ren Faire days squeezed down to 21 or 22". And you're saying you can make one for $60!? I'm gonna need to work with you, PRONTO. I need another corset of I can wear on stage!

Oh shit that is awesome.. I'm used to steel boning, myself. I usually spend my Ren Faire days squeezed down to 21 or 22". And you're saying you can make one for $60!? I'm gonna need to work with you, PRONTO. I need another corset of I can wear on stage!

Uhm...WHAT? HOW THE FUCK DO YOU SING IN ONE??? I mean, it's squeezing everything you need to be able to breathe so you can support your vocals! *boggles*

They actually help support the diarphagm. The main thing with tight lacing, is learning to breath through the upper part of your chest and not your abdomen.

But when singing, you aren't supposed to breathe through your chest, you're supposed to breathe from the diaphragm. Which, as you've already noted, is being squeezed by the corset. If you cannot breathe into your diaphragm, you are not filling your lungs fully, which is what you need to support the voice when singing. Chest breathing is incorrect, and a learned behavior. If you watch babies while they sleep, they breathe into their diaphragm. Most people do as well when laying flat on their back. A corset restricts this, and as far as I can tell, promotes improper breathing, which is a hinderance to singing, not a help.

Which is why I'm always surprised when anyone is able to sing while wearing a corset.

You're right, it is improper breathing to breathe from the chest. A corset is indeed restrictive. I think the reason I'm able to sing with a corset is because I've become used to tight-lacing. I'm not a daily tight-lacer (not anymore..) but I'm willing to bet I've shifted my organs a bit.

Was it rubbing against your skin? Try wearing leggings underneath them. Corsets laced tightly should be worn with a barrier between your skin and the corset itself, to prevent chaffing and such.