Need a splitter suggestion!

Executioner213

Ultimate Meatbag
Sep 2, 2001
Spokane, WA
www.facebook.com
I think I finally nailed down what my problem is with the effects loop on my Triaxis. I've been running my effects in series (preamp->effects->power->cab) since I got it because I thought my effects loop was fucked up. So, the other day, I was playing around and got ambitious again. I plugged my BOSS Super Shifter, which has a single input and can be used with stereo output, into my effects loop. BTW, for the unknowing...the loop on the triaxis has 1 send and 2 returns. Every time I plugged something in for 1 return, it would just kill the volume, basically making it un-useable. So, like I said, I plugged the Super Shifter in, and ran it stereo output (into both returns) and it worked fine!

With my G-Major, it has 2 ins and 2 outs. If you use 1 in (mono), you can't really use 2 outs...unless I'm missing something about that, but AFAIK you can only run mono or stero...not mono-into-stereo. Going from my send (mono) to the G-Major and going from both outs on the G-Major to the returns on the Triaxis still yeilds one signal and cuts the other...basically, because there is nothing going *in* the second channel on the G-Major, I would assume.

So, the solution seems to me...in light of my experimentation...that in order to bring salvation to my G-Major, which I had all but given up on until now, is that I need to make that 1 send on the Triaxis into 2. I understand that if I were running a MONO effect, then I'd need to split the output of the effect....however, I'm wanting to use a STEREO/DUAL-MONO/ETC effect. The manual for the Triaxis, in the back with the setup suggestions, says to run out of the send into the mono input of the effect unit and go out of both outputs into the returns...but it doesn't seem to work like that with the G-Major.

I hope this all makes sense...so, suggest me a method of splitting the signal. As far as I've read in the manual, nowhere does it say that I can remedy this problem with a 1/4" TRS Y-cable, so thats why I thought of this solution. I *SOOOO* want to be able to use my effects loop! I'm tired of settling on running it in series, and having it eat my tone as much as it does! HELP!

Would it be as simple as this? http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Horizon-1Ph2Ph-1414-Y-Cable?sku=336281

246961.jpg

Would I lose signal doing it with this?

Does anyone know if this would kill signal in my loop using this cable or would it be fine?
Also, could one be made by just connecting two lines to the same plug or is there something goofy going on with how thats hooked up? I have plenty of cable and a few plugs, I'd rather make one of my own than pay MF the money to ship it (not ordering anything over $100 any time soon, either). I'd like to know before I try on my own...and end up doing a facepalm for myself...

unless G-major is totally different from the other TC products like M1, M1XL, D2, M3000 and M350, you can put I/O setup so that you have mono in and stereo out. In M350 there is a dual mono toggle-button in the back, in D2 it was automatically set when it had only one input connected and two outputs connected (see the D2 manual from page 15). I guess that its that IO button might be it on G-major (edit, yeah, page 12: "Input selection is done in the Utility section accessed by pressing the I/O key"). Check the manual just in case: http://www.tcelectronic.com/media/G_Major_US_rev71.pdf