Need advice on my mixes

Mix is almost there. The screams are too bright, kick is too clicky, OH's could be a little louder and the master is a little too pumpy. Those are all the problems I find in this mix.

First of all, I want to thank you again for all your help, criticism and advice. It is a luxury!

Well, with this attempt I completed the mix of this song, it´s okay or bad, because I think it isn´t good to obsess. I have to go gradually learning, and I still have a lot of way to go (only took about 9 months taking me seriously this hobby). So, I ask your opinion for the last time:

This time I'll put the mastered and unmastered versions, because I think the problem may be there too, because I have no idea of mastering. My chain is:

- Satson Buss
- Compressor (SSL)
- JS Exciter
- Limiter

The guitars still sound harsh, but I do not know what else I can do. I modified LP, I changed the IR's, I followed the advice of neptunian and blue_fAng ... I think the Master Out also still pumpy but I don´t sure. I think I need my ears repose. This is the result:

You know very well that Soundcloud´s sound quality is not very good , or at least let me use it as an excuse, lol.

Cheers people, thank you very much! This is all!

Last edited by a moderator:
You took away the BBE and added an exciter?

Mix sounds pretty good here on monitors.

Yes. I removed the bbe on bus guitars, and I added the exciter in master out, but very subtly (is my first serious master, before always using Ozone, t-rack, etc with presets.).

Thank you very much, my friend, I'm so happy that you like, mean a lot.

Cheers!

Guitars don't sound harsh anymore on the pre-mastered version. I think it's good. Sounds good overall on the master, maybe a touch bit harsh from the exciter perhaps, but that's a matter of taste.

I will never tire to give thank you for your help and advice. It's a privilege to know wich way I should follow due to you have spent your time listening my stuff and constructively criticizing it. You peope are awesome!

P.S.: I have done another mix based in this last one but removing the exciter and yes, I think sounds better. ;)