How can I get my mixes a little bit louder?

Correct me if im wrong
maybe your recorded files are too hot?
thats why its cracking and other shits when you are raising up the bar

Nah everything I recorded is fine.
I got it going pretty good. I fixed the snare. It was making my mix louder than it actually was. Now my (mix) is at around -15 dbfs. It's pretty low. Still though after clipping the snare a bit and removing a little more low end i got it to around -8db rms which is totally fine for me now. Thanks for all the help guys!

Nah everything I recorded is fine.
I got it going pretty good. I fixed the snare. It was making my mix louder than it actually was. Now my (mix) is at around -15 dbfs. It's pretty low. Still though after clipping the snare a bit and removing a little more low end i got it to around -8db rms which is totally fine for me now. Thanks for all the help guys!

So, after these changes does the mix / the song sound better? Or just louder?

i usually squash the shit out of my mix
and here you go
a destroyed loud piece of shit haha :rofl:
Sorry I don't understand what you are saying haha.

So, after these changes does the mix / the song sound better? Or just louder?

Well evening out a little low end has cleared the mix up just a tad but all I was asking in this thread was if there was some tips to just getting my current master a little louder.

Could you explain this logic to me? If you can "get you mixes to -5db rms", I'd understand, that you can do this without audible sacrifices to audio..? So why is it too much?

Because I too can get my mixes at -2db rms with ease, with few turns of a knob.. but of course not without fuckin' up everything sound wise..

Yeah like batman said ( ;) ) it doesn't need to be that loud. The main downside for that is that the quiet parts always get louder too and I want the chorus to really pop up a bit.

Honestly... it's about the frequencies. The flatter your mix is frequency-wise the louder you can get it. Also I feel like the mix takes mastering a lot better if it's extremely flat frequency wise. Just look at some great mixes through a frequency analyzer and you'll see how flat they are. Ofcourse flat doesn't automically mean that it sounds good. :)

Yeah like batman said ( ;) ) it doesn't need to be that loud. The main downside for that is that the quiet parts always get louder too and I want the chorus to really pop up a bit.

I think I really should up the ante on my sarcasm, because it clearly isn't getting through.. But altough I was aware of that what you say, thanks for the answer.

The point where I was going for, I've said on the previous page, it never NEEDS to be loud at all. And propably your choruses would kick even more if just tried to make it the best it can be and not consider stupid shit like loudness.

Honestly... it's about the frequencies. The flatter your mix is frequency-wise the louder you can get it. Also I feel like the mix takes mastering a lot better if it's extremely flat frequency wise. Just look at some great mixes through a frequency analyzer and you'll see how flat they are. Ofcourse flat doesn't automically mean that it sounds good. :)

Aye, it doesn't. Yet everyone here answered with the mentality that it is ok to make sacrifices in sonics in order to gain loudness. Of course, the OP asked how to do it, not is it smart. But I was still hoping that someone besides me would have pointed out that 'just make it sound awesome an' forget the stupid bullshit'.

All fine and dandy until someone puts your 'not-so-loud' cd in their player after a commercial level cd. Yeah they can just turn up the volume. But I always hated hearing huge differences in volumes between albums.

There is difference between "commercial" and plain fuckin' lunacy. And more than volume differences I hate fucking up sonics because someones too lazy to turn the volume knob.

Edit: On the other hand, I understand that what you describe could be quite shocking for the end user.. "Ooo.. What? *turns up the volume* Whattahell!? There's some sort low hum under this song.. And sort of THUMP in the kick drum. And there is no fizz or crackle.. There seems to be something wrong with my headphones, because I hear different things left and right.. And the midrange isn't trying to rip my face off.. Whatta fuck's wrong with this album!!??"

Yes, I see how that could be traumatic.