Need bands to get me started into Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILovemusicYAY!!

Why You Little...
Apr 23, 2005
I'm just getting started into metal and I just LOVE Metallica's debut album, The Black Album and was wondering if you knew any really cool bands like slipknot. I'm starting to like underground musc like TRAPT and stuff so if you could recomend any good cool bands I would be very happy.

Thanks Bunches

Hmmm, trapt isn't "underground" but o well here it goes:
Alice in Chains, Damageplan, Fear Factory, In flames, Lamb of god, Metallica, Mnemic, Pantera, Shinedown, Soil, Strapping young lad, Stratovarius, Rage against the Machine, Shadows Fall, The Haunted, Meshuggah, Godsmack, Rush, Van Halen, Slayer, Soil work, Black dahlia murder, It dies today, Killswitch Engage, Amon Amarth, The Crown, Dark Tranquillity, Dimmu Borgir, Lacuna Coil, System of A down, Angra, Into Eternity, Kittie, All shall Persish, God forbid, Periphery (they are insane check them out on myspace), Insomnium, Death, Impaled Nazarene, Sinergy, Down, Mastodon, Faith No More, Warman, Evemaster, At the Gates, Nearea, Six Feet Under, Children of Bodom, Screams of Erida, Never Dead, Kreator, Nevermore, Opeth, lots more...

Also, you know that The Black album wasn't their debut album, right? If you meant debut into mainstream, then yes it was.
-Zack

P.S- I hope no one yells at you

really I thought that The Black Album was their debut learn sothing new every day and why do you say Trapt isn't underground? oh well I will check some of those bands out. Children of Bodom sound scary

Children of Bodom is hardly scary. Also, Trapt goes under "nu-metal" wich would fall into the category of Slipknot. And the definition of underground is an unsigned band, and Trapt is signed. Also, heads up. People here are probably going to get into a huge arguement about this. And also, once you start listening to some of these bands, you will only get a taste of what metal is. I'm new here too, and a lot of people will give a lot heavier stuff wich I am just starting to get into. So if you stick here, you should get into some better music (in my opinion).
-Zack

I'm confused 2/10 for what? Are you talking about me?

And people are going to get into a huge argument about what?

A troll is where you blatanly go in the opposite direction of what the messageboard was made for. 2/10 means it was obvious what you were doing.

OK fine your right I was just messing with you guys I read this "50 ways to annoy a metal head" thing and figured I would give it a try. Next time I'll try and be more convincing

*guessing thread will be closed*

And hatecrewdroll I have heard of almost all the bands you have mentiond and I like most of them.

PS. Somthing Wild > Hate Crew Death Roll

at least IMO

Fucking dickhead. Next time you'll get your fucking ass kicked.

thank you very fucking much. Welcome to the world of assholes

and what are you going to E-kick me tough guy

No, spam your ass until you die

Sorry moderators, I just can't let this one go.

It means Children of Bodom album to which Somthing Wild owns

holly crap spam I'm so afraid

P.S. spam can't kill someone moron

Ok, you got that, but still you are fucking stupid for doing this to the people who share the same interest in the music you alledgedly "like"

It was a joke now why don't we all "including me" stop acting like children and forget about it.

I'm sorry I didn't know you would get this mad

Status
Not open for further replies.