Need help from guitarists...

I can buy packs of D'addario strings for 7-string in guages 10-13-17-26-36-46-56 at the local guit-fiddle store and thats what I use. 7 string packs fairly standard now, but you can always just get a normal pack and throw in a 56, 58, 60 or whatever you prefer for the B.

my local guitar center has 7 string guitar packs, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

buy a variety of picks and experiment, they are only 20 cents.

some like lighter strings for easier bending. some like thicker strings for thicker tone. i like thicker strings for easier time speed picking. i'm using 10s and i might go thicker still. still trying to master the superlightningfast right hand speed picking...

internally grateful said:
yeah, well i has to special order the guitar from guitar center...
so... yeah
Let me school you all :) . Yes they had to special order it, because most pople don't understand 7 strings so they ( the stores and customers) don't buy them much. However most music strores go to http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ (that's where i get mine) great prices too. I got a $700 guitar for $200 plus that's were guitar center orders theres from and then charges your more.

unknown said:
seven string guitar packs I believe you have to special order...I have no idea...guitar center may have them (has not set foot in a Guitar Center for two years for good reasons)

oh yeah...*flips off Frets*

at least Nico agreed with me

*cockslap*

Hey cora - try d'addario's on your 7 string

Stoker said:
Thicker strings just mean a richer sound. You don't really need them unless you want a different tone or 'thicker' sound.
They also mean more string tension. If you're tuning down low, you'll need the extra tension to keep the tension to a workable level...

Try tuning to C with 9's.... unbearably sloppy.

xenophobe said:
They also mean more string tension. If you're tuning down low, you'll need the extra tension to keep the tension to a workable level...

Try tuning to C with 9's.... unbearably sloppy.
HAHAHA. :tickled: ..yeah..i've done that before... cause at the time i wouldn't feel like goin to a guitar store and buying more strings and then chang strings just to learn some song thats tuned town a whole step. plus you have to adjust your neck for the extra tension from thicker strings. so i don't want to hurt the only thing in the world i care about. hehe i don't know how to do that. i'll learn eventually