Need help making the desicion?

Jul 18, 2012
I know everyone probably gets these questions a lot but I was just wanting opinions on this

So its almost Christmas and I'm gonna try to get my first Audio Interface. I read the FAQ on audio interfaces and tried to tie it to my price range and I though maybe this would be good.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Akai-Pr...-Interface-With-USB-Hub-106700560-i1826039.gc

my only thing is I have never really hear anyone say anything about Akai so I dont know how good that company is, but here is really what I can choose from if you guys think that choice is terrible.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/100-200.gc?src=Audio+Interface&ipp=25

the only other 2 I have really heard about being used often are the Focusrite scarlett and the saffire, but I was trying to save a little money so I can maybe get a SM57, but if one of them is an extreme must have I would consider it.

I am using reaper now, I am an extreme beginner and me and my brother and friend are all trying to work together to make really standard rock songs to help me practice with recording and mixing and so we can all kinda work on our instumental skills.

So...

1) Is Akai a good and quality company?
2) If you guys were in this price range (100-200$) would you suggest anything different?

Definitely cannot go wrong with a used Saffire 6 USB. Wouldn't recommend the Scarletts, a lot of people seem to have had trouble with them clipping guitar DIs a fair bit, though I've heard they've fixed this with the newer models. But I've got a Saffire and I couldn't be happier with it.

hahah yeah I have heard a lot of people say the saffires are good but for some reason I had the idea in my head they were mainly good for EDM production.

Nah man, the preamps and AD/DA converters destroy everything else in the price bracket, and the inputs won't clip the fuck out of your DI. Perfect for tracking guitars/bass at home, and because the preamps don't suck balls, it won't ruin your mic'd sounds.