need help regarding upgrading macbook graphics

mick thompson

AKA: Ross Canpolat! SM!
Nov 3, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
ok, so i know that the macbook's graphics card (ie the crappy x3100 intel thing) cannot be upgraded unless you upgrade your macbooks logic board.

and theres no express card port on the macbook.

i was having a rumble through ebay and i came across a express card to usb adaptor here:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/New-USB-2-0-ExpressCard-Express-Card-Adaptor-for-PC-Mac_W0QQitemZ170298341286QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_LaptopAccess_RL?hash=item170298341286&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

and im almost sure i have seen an express card graphics card on the market!!! unless i was just dreaming. now it says it doesnt support pcie cards but it supports pci so could i pick up a pci express card graphics card, slot it in and use it as my macbooks graphics card?

after all a usb port can run at 400mbps so would it be capable of sending signals for graphics processing?

i dont even want a super fast card, i just want to play BF2142 with decent settings on my mac. it is playable at 1024 x etc but it looks a bit blocky.

other then that does anyone know if apple will upgrade a logic board for you? and how would i go about getting it done and how much would it cost because the new boards all have a nividia graphics card as standard now.

because we dont have any apple stores in ireland! only like a crappy bunch of resellers and i cant find an email address to actually contact apple ireland!