Need help with mix!(Podfarm/Slate)

Sounds as though the guitars lack air. Try boosting the presence maybe? if you have a LP on it then maybe ease up on that.

Would like to hear about your guitar and bass chains though, as they gel together nicely.

Sounds as though the guitars lack air. Try boosting the presence maybe? if you have a LP on it then maybe ease up on that.

Would like to hear about your guitar and bass chains though, as they gel together nicely.

Thanks, that could be because i have a pretty big high pass on there.

Guitars are really nothing special. Just running the Cali Diamond Plate and a Screamer pedal.

As for bass, i have 3 bass tones. One is just the DI, the second one has the TSE 808, and the last bass an overdrive pedal

Everything sounds squashed and super compressed, mainly the drums. The kick has a little too much click in it. The guitars sounds muffly, I'd just HP it to 100 hz if you haven't already and let the bass fill that in. Good mix though. Lots of potential.

Still too much dude. Lot better though.
Drums are too loud also.

Must be your mastering that is squashing it down so much. Definitely need to work on giving each instrument it's own space (highpassing/lowpassing pretty healthily and EQ cuts). It will allow for more volume with less limiting/compression needed on your master bus. Also try compressing the individual tracks, not all tracks at once.

Still too much dude. Lot better though.
Drums are too loud also.

Must be your mastering that is squashing it down so much. Definitely need to work on giving each instrument it's own space (highpassing/lowpassing pretty healthily and EQ cuts). It will allow for more volume with less limiting/compression needed on your master bus. Also try compressing the individual tracks, not all tracks at once.

Thannk you so much for your feedback! I will definitely fix that volume. I will do some major EQ cuts on the next mix i post.