anonymousnick2001

World's Greatest Vocalist
Aug 10, 2003
I
My band has decided that we need to choose between two names:

Ethereal Darkness

-OR-

Tikdoshe

Our styles should be pretty diverse. Everything from death metal to black metal to thrash metal to tribal hardcore to two-chord goregrind or whatever.

The latter is the name of an African legend. A dwarfish creature with half a body(one ear, one eye, one arm, etc.) that hunts human prey in the night. If he defeats you, you die a horrible death. If you win, he teaches you the arts of medicine and magic. Tikdoshe is the Zulu word for it, but it also has other names in other tribal languages all across Africa. Many of these tribes had never contacted one another, yet they had the same legend...

The former name is one that refers to a celestial darkness, one that will judge all souls come Armageddon. It also happens to be the name of a video game designing company with people that look like this:
raymond.jpg
zac.jpg
billy.jpg

Please provide your opinion on which is a better name. Thank you.

Almost.

I know that I kind of tipped the balance in Tikdoshe's favor from the beginning, but all of you have pretty much reiterated why I liked the name better in the first place.

As for updates, the other people in the band are liking Ethereal Darkness for some reason. Probably because it sounds all "dark" and "metal".

*sighs*