Need help!

MetalAaron

Bondage Goat Zombie
Apr 12, 2010
New Caney, Texas
www.myspace.com
So the CPU usage gets high when I add to much effects to the project. I've read and been told that by disabling the internet connection, and closing programs that aren't in use help with this. Well, I've done that, and it's clearly not helping. The CPU level in the image below was taken while I added effects to a blank template. (I was purposely trying to get it to rise) So, if it gets high when I'm adding effects to nothing, something must be wrong.

Yes, I use Mixcraft. I'm still getting my feet wet with this whole AE thing. Might it be the problem?

If anyone wants to help, I'd appreciate it.

CPUUSAGE.jpg

i dont see any picture, but i would say, virus scan, more ram, better processor etc.

Edit: also alot of people bounce tracks or freeze them because lets face it, upgrading your comp isnt too cheap.

Oh okay, so you're saying that after I get a part recorded, to just get rid of everything else for a bit until I get that part done?

Sorry if I am misunderstanding.

I would disable anything your computer doesn't need or use when running your DAW.

I wouldn't go as far as to say to get rid of everything else for a bit WITHIN your DAW, otherwise you won't know how the part you are working on will work within the mix.

Computer specs would help. Also, I'd download Reaper and try it. There are no doubt more Reaper users here than Mixcraft, and giving tips on getting better performance with Reaper might be a bit more prevalent.

I've got a Dell Demension 3000 from 2005. I've never made any upgrades to it. It's always been the family computer until recently when I got into all of this music production.

Oh yeah, and I also use Reaper, it's just I've never been as comfortable with it. But I do remember projects doing the same sort of thing when I did use it.

I found a really good post on another forum about how to optimize your machine for audio recording/editing.

I guess I will try that out!