Need hotel help for PP 2007

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Well, seems like the PP date is already released, that's pretty fast.
Now we've been looking into some hotel reservations and I must say Atlanta is pretty damn expensive ... We have to stay a few days extra probably to get some decent arrival and departure times. that would be like 5 or 6 nights at 150$ ... mmmm, that's alot. Isn't there a possibility to have a room at a hotel further away and get to PP by taxi or so ?? Any input on this is very welcome !! We have no idea how far other hotels are from the PP venue...
Hehe, maybe we all can rent a cheap hotel and a bus for transport :p

After spending a whole weekend at KIT for 175$ INCLUDING 2 hotel nights with breakfast, entrance of KIT, my part of gasoline bill, 2 full meals and 3 DVD's this sounds pretty expensive :cry:

Welcome to the United States!!! Money is our #1 goal!

Ya know Gert, I think that the hotel situation in Atlanta is a frickin' joke. Last year we lucked out and actually got a room. There were a bunch of people that had reservations and got booted when they arrived. Now they got the lodging for free but still they were located quite a bit further away... All of this confusion was at the Residence by the way.

One of the best things about the hotels being close (Residence and the Granada) is that you can walk back and rest if needed... you can also take your hauls back to your room... etc... the parties are basically at these two places also... get drunk and walk back to your room...!

The Residence has been our choice for the last few years down there. The rooms are excellent size and accomodations (fridge, microwave, sink) are great for the extended stay. There are grocery stores close and you can buy food cheaper there and take it back and fix it in your room. The Residence also had a great breakfast buffet every morning which save some money for ya also. I reserved a room for Kat and I this coming year and it is $179/night. That is just a total fucking rip off!

The first year (III) that I went I stayed at the Super 8 which was about a 15-20 minute walk away... problem was that it rained and was cold as hell so the walk sucked big time. The price was about $70 a night back then.

You can always take a taxi from a further place but I am not sure that the further rooms are actually much less expensive so you would probably end up paying the same or more for your stay in the end.

I wish I had a better answer for ya but I don't. You might be able to room with a few people and it would bring down the cost but that can be a hastle to get everything lined up...

Let me know if you need to know anything else!

Shall we talk about a two room suite and sharing? Pabla and I usually share a room and sometimes a bed depending on how many are in the room. I'll look into a two room suite and I'll keep ya posted.

Well, this is early to have to worry about rooms isn't it? I did get a room booked at the RI (over $600 for three nights, plus parking!!!!) That's getting a bit crazy...talk about price gouging. Thought about it, and booked at the Super 8 as well. Just over $300 with free parking. For the amount of time you are actually in your room, I think we may just stay at the Super 8. You can smoke there as well, for you smokers. I'm keeping both reservations for now.

Kitty, it looks like all the 2 BR suites are booked at both the RI and Granada. This really sucks. With the Fairfield and Hampton closed they are sticking it to us good. Hopefully the Hampton will re-open by next year? That was a good hotel and always under $100 a night.

Carnut, you may want to try the Super 8. It's a little bit down the road, but still within walking distance. It's not going to be the best hotel, but if your trying to save some $$$.

Carnut, you may want to try the Super 8. It's a little bit down the road, but still within walking distance. It's not going to be the best hotel, but if your trying to save some $$$.

I don't need the best hotel at all, just need to sleep and shower there...

Do you have a link for that hotel ??

The problem is that two hotels have closed in the last couple of years. The Fairfield, a.k.a. party central, and the Hampton. No new hotels have opened in that area, to my knowledge, which means there are fewer rooms in the immediate area. The demand is still there, but the supply of rooms has decreased, so they know they can charge more and they will still fill up their rooms.

I would be willing to bunk up with a few UMOS folks, but I have friends that I have been going to PP with for a few years now, so I can't ditch them now.

Welcome to the United States!!! Money is our #1 goal!
Exactly what I thought as I was reading Carnut's post.:lol:

Hopefully things go well for you guys, it would be a terrible waste if you happened to get denied a room come the night of the festival. PP sounds like a hell of a time, I'm sure it will be great.

Shall we talk about a two room suite and sharing? Pabla and I usually share a room and sometimes a bed depending on how many are in the room. I'll look into a two room suite and I'll keep ya posted.

Just don't forget the PJ's :OMG: