Need some band suggestions...I'm stumped.

Rock Hydra

Feel the Strain!
Nov 27, 2005
Buffalo, NY. U.S.A.
Our band has finally decided to start writing our own content. We just settled on what tuning we're going to use to record and our rythm tendencies tend to lean toward metalcore , but ever since I started listening to bodom (aobut 2 years ago) I've been wanting to write melodies over the rythm. though when I started learning scales, I learned blues scales and like writing blues licks way more than the pentatonic stuff Alexi writes, but I'm kinda at a loss for lead melodies. I tried for hours to pull some stuff from Kirk Hammett and Zakk Wylde's leads, but can't settle on what I like to make into melodies. Any suggestions of bands to look into with good bluesey-metal leads?

Rock Hydra said:
Our band has finally decided to start writing our own content. We just settled on what tuning we're going to use to record and our rythm tendencies tend to lean toward metalcore , but ever since I started listening to bodom (aobut 2 years ago) I've been wanting to write melodies over the rythm. though when I started learning scales, I learned blues scales and like writing blues licks way more than the pentatonic stuff Alexi writes, but I'm kinda at a loss for lead melodies. I tried for hours to pull some stuff from Kirk Hammett and Zakk Wylde's leads, but can't settle on what I like to make into melodies. Any suggestions of bands to look into with good bluesey-metal leads?
Buy the John Petrucci Rock Discipline DVD. :Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: