Need some help: M-Audio Fast Track Ultra

schust

Oct 24, 2007
soundcloud.com
For some unknown reason, my computer (Vista 32) has stopped recognizing my M-AUDIO Fast Track Ultra via USB. I've tried reinstalling the driver 10 times - no luck. Visited M-AUDIO's website, read FAQ related to this - and nothing. Something similar was noted for another version (different serial#) - but nothing for mine. i even tried the fix they mentioned for the other version (turning on and off the unit quickly) - but no luck.

Anybody ever experience something similar and find a solution? I really haven't been happy with this unit since getting it about a year ago - but don't have the cash to buy a new one. This is it and I need it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mentioned I tried different USB cables (I know work) with no luck.

Try a different USB port? I heard there are issues with ports being "shared" and that causing issues.

I haven't had any issues whatsoever with my Fast Track Pro.

Try it on another pc. Also, does it appear on the device manager?

@bryan: yea - tried a few different ones. no luck.

no, doesn't show up in device mgr at all. seems like a complete block of communication for some reason. the USB ports i tried work - i use other things all the time in them. very frustrating. i'm sure it's out of it's warranty.. about ready to take it back to GC where i bought it and toss it at somebody.. lol..

Have you tried with and without AC adapter? Does it turn on only with usb?

no, haven't tried unplugging the AC. figured that was its only power source given there's one present. i'll give it a try, thanks for the ideas.

at this pt, i think i'm just going to take it back to GC and ask them about options. can't hurt.