need some help picking out a guitar

146030FantasyF.jpg

i'd love to help..but i need to know what kind of music you want to play...and if theres anything in specific you are looking for in a guitar...whether it be price range or just certain type of a wood etc? :Spin:

Hexer said:
ROFL!!!

Kerry King? ever imagined Abbath screaming out Blizzard Beasts with that thing in hands??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That might be about the only thing Abbath could do to make himself look sillier than he already does....^_^

choosing guitars is always a personal thing and not really genre-specific, as one can always equip any guitar to make it sound harsher, more sustain, more gain, more round sound, etc. You should go to a store nearby and test a few ones and see which ones are the most comfortable to you. A guitar that works, feels and sounds great with me may not work the same way for you. You should consider the guitar that feels better for you. I played a PRS (one of the expensive and great quality guitars brand along with Gibson and Fender) and I didn't like the neck much but hey! the guitar had flatwound strings (round/flat strings usually used by jazz players) and it didn't feel great. Then I played a copy of a ESP M-II, by a korean sub-division of ESP and I was like "Wow, this guitar feels great" (not sure of its sound as I tried it unplugged)

Not always it's about money, but you should always bet as higher as you can and if you can a try a couple of guitars and tell "Hell, I love this and that because it feels and sound great" and at the same time money isn't a problem to you, hell, go for a nearby luthier and ask him to make one for yourself with same specs, but try as much guitars as you can, play your songs in one, or if you're just starting...buy a cheap one, as you learn stuff and try others guitars. The next guitar I'm about to buy is an ESP LTD SC-607 because it is neck-thru, it's 7 strings, it's a midprice guitar and I loved playing one at a store.

Cheers n Good luck!