need some help with recording.

trenters

New Metal Member
Oct 9, 2009
new carlisle, IN
myspace.com/anywhereeverywhere (sorry, I don't have the actual mp3 file on my computer so I can't stream it)

I need some serious help getting good quality recordings.
we have some pretty good gear, we just either don't know how to use it or don't know how to get a good sound out of it.

for both songs on our myspace, we used a pod studio UXt2 with the pod farm plugin, but we don't have the expansion packs (or the money for the expansion packs) and we're having a hard time getting a good, full tone out of it.
We also used really shitty reason drums to record, but we have superior drummer now and drumagog. The only problem is that I have noooo idea where to start with getting them to sound good.

hmm - well for a start try taking the di's of the guitars & bass and get the midi prepared for superior and get some vox done. after that make a preproduction (shit 15 minute mix) so we can hear its potential and start explaining what can be done etc for processing guitars, drums, bass vox etc

just get some clean raw tracks preped - di's,midi drums and vox and whatever else 1st

I have the midi all written out actually for the drums. (I'm the drummer)

and sorry if this is a really stupid question, but what's a DI?
again, I'm really new to this... haha.