Need some really heavy shit

NinjaGeek

Feb 22, 2007
I'm looking for something as heavy as Electric Wizard or Ufomammut, but faster and more impact, something that really kicks you in the face. I've heard all the usual death metal, behemoth, suffocation, nile, bloodbath, so on and so forth. Is there anything heavier out there? Cause sometimes that stuff just doesn't do it for me.

I'm looking for something as heavy as Electric Wizard or Ufomammut, but faster and more impact, something that really kicks you in the face. I've heard all the usual death metal, behemoth, suffocation, nile, bloodbath, so on and so forth. Is there anything heavier out there? Cause sometimes that stuff just doesn't do it for me.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=30692

Try Orange Goblin. I listen to Electric Wizard all the time, and whenever I want something faster with roughly the same sound, I throw on Goblin's The Big Black. Fantastic album. On average, I'd say the riffs are catchier than Wizard's too.

I have a question for everyone who's already posted, since I'm probly going to listen to some of the recs here as well:

Which of the above bands are considered stoner or doom metal? Or if it's death metal (as many of the above seem to be), do they at least have blues-based riffs?

I have a question for everyone who's already posted, since I'm probly going to listen to some of the recs here as well:

Which of the above bands are considered stoner or doom metal? Or if it's death metal (as many of the above seem to be), do they at least have blues-based riffs?

From the stuff I have suggested? No.

Though for Stoner Metal, I would check out Strain, as they are pretty fucking heavy.

And to quote the vocalist:-

"...heavier than Michelle McManus and Rick Waller and a cheese burger picnic."

All great stuff, but it doesn't sound much heavier than the stuff I only listen to. More brutal in a lot of cases, and a more of a barrage of heaviness in the case of berzerker, but it just doesn't have that crushing forcefulness I'm looking for. A lot of bands that are really heavy end up sounding kind of grumble-like and lose their impact.

Electric wizard still feels like the heaviest out there to me. And even though I hear Orange Goblin compared to them a lot, it just doesn't sound nearly as heavy to me.

Alright dude.

I was going to recommend Wormed, but it seems like you want something with more pace. Anyways, Wormed is brilliant and very heavy check it out.

Now you wanted something heavy and fast:

Braindrill is the most brutal band I've ever heard.
Origin right up there...

There are heaps I can't think of right now, but those two will wet yer willy for now.

A lot of contemporary death metal seems to be very crushing which I really like.

Bands like Beneath the Massacre, Anomalous, Defeated Sanity, Domination Through Impurity...

Hmmm, maybe I'm being a bit unclear about what I want. What I'm going for is drums that just rip apart my ears like most Kataklysm songs do. Not just fast, but with a powerful sound not too clicky or too quiet. For guitar sound I'm looking for something similar to the opening of Jesus Wept by Suffocation, guitars that have that same deep crushing feel to them. Is there anything like that out there, doesn't matter how brutal the band is, I'm just looking for heavy and fierce.