Not really sure what I am looking for...

lets see... dont like clean, dont like black, dont like brutal, dont like (most) death vocals (only some)...

what is left? metalcore and female vocals! :D

lets see... dont like clean, dont like black, dont like brutal, dont like (most) death vocals (only some)...

what is left? metalcore and female vocals! :D

No thank you. :p

Einherjar, I do enjoy old Amorphis a bit yes.. I should probably look a bit further in to them.
I never really gave Dark Tranquility much of a chance, heard some of their newer stuff and it didn't impress.
Kalmah I like a bit.. Certain songs more than others.

EToS I have also heard a bit but never stuck. I'll check them out again later.

maybe you would like Therion's earlier albums like "Of Darkness..." or "Symphony Masses Ho Drakon Ho Megas"

Einherjar, I do enjoy old Amorphis a bit yes.. I should probably look a bit further in to them.

Just know that their sound changes drastically throughout their albums. Also, their later albums incorporate clean vocals, so I don't know if you'd dig them:

The Karelian Isthmus (death metal)
Tales From the Thousand Lakes (melodic death/doom; incorporates clean vocals)
Elegy (melodic death/progressive/folk; majority of clean vocals)
Tuonela (less progressive; very melodic)
Am Universum (vocal driven, all clean, progressive sound; not a great record)
Far From the Sun (similar sound to Am Universum; not very good)

Eclipse and Silent Waters- you'll find a lot of controversy surrounding these records. Personally, I think they're great, and a decent number of people on these boards agree. A lot of people also think they suck. They reverted back closer to their death metal days, but with more folk elements and clean vocals, and a different singer (deeper voice). You can give some tracks a listen and decide for yourself.

@ Threadstarter. Try Hypocrisy again and start with their self-titled (a masterpiece imo) then get Virus.

Also, listen to Einjerhar and listen to more Amorphis!

Here's a couple of random recs.
Check 'em out :p
Old Man's Child (Bad name. Ace band)
Acheron
Aeon (Swedish. Only check out if you don't mind hilariously over the top satanic lyrics)
Satryicon (The new 'Black n' roll' stuff is pretty entertaining)
Septicflesh/Septic Flesh - Symphonic Death Metal kinda :p
Insomnium - Ace melodic death metal
Turisas - On the Ensiferum track. Not really too similar but they're ace so I figured I should

^Catamenia wubwub.
Also, Turisas and Insomnium seconded.

I think maybe some Doom or Death/Doom might sit well.
Be sure to check out:

Ikuinen Kaamos (very opethish)
Saturnus
The Fall of Every Season
Swallow The Sun
Daylight Dies
Skepticism

Old Man's Child I know of and enjoy in doses. I checked out Ikuinen Kaamos on myspace a while back and if I remember correctly I liked it alot but I can't find it online or in a record store.. Ill have to continue my search.

Old Man's Child I know of and enjoy in doses. I checked out Ikuinen Kaamos on myspace a while back and if I remember correctly I liked it alot but I can't find it online or in a record store.. Ill have to continue my search.
Ahem... <_< >_>
blogsearch.google.com is your friend

I'm 100% sure that you're going to like Insomnium I was into death and melo/death metal just like you(haven't changed much thu), now I'm more into thrash and black metal.

edit: I missed your comment about Amon Amarth, I apologize.

p.s: Is it better if I lie about my location?