Not really sure what I am looking for...

Maybe try Dark Tranquillity, Kalmah, Eternal Tears of Sorrow (older stuff). They're all really melodic death metal bands.

Have you heard any old Amorphis (ala The Karelian Isthmus era)?

Good recs. Definitely check out The Gallery by Dark Tranquility.

Also, try Paths Of Possession, The Black Dahlia Murder, Kataklysm, and Fisher-era Cannibal Corpse.

And of course, the chorus that was my first listen to Aeon.

JESUS WILL NOT COME!
NO!
JESUS WILL NOT COME!
SECOND COMING NEVER,
HE WON'T RISE
CHRIST WILL NEVER WALK AGAIN
DEAD ON HIS CROSS
NO RISE FOR CHRIST!

Listening to some Aeon. Music is solid, lyrics that I can decipher sound like a parody of Deicide...

I pretty much have not had the chance to look at anything.. After Baccalaureate yesterday I went to a party and then today I had prom to go to, so needless to say I was a busy man all day! Going to be up partying til' like 7 in the morning, wish me luck. haha
Probably check all this stuff out tomorrow.
Thanks for the recs.

That you can decipher?
The guys got the most understandable growl I've ever heard.
Yeah, which is why just listening to it and not paying full attention I can understand most of it.

Jebus was an apocalyptic prophet--Jesus must sleep now, no rise for you!.

they're closer to the truth than the bibleheads.
My understanding is that they acknowledge the Jewish prophets, including Jesus, but they deny his divinity, which is the main source of contention with Christianity.
EDIT: That and also that they reject the concept of the Holy Trinity because Islam states very rigidly that God is One in the strictest sense.

My understanding is that they acknowledge the Jewish prophets, including Jesus, but they deny his divinity, which is the main source of contention with Christianity.
EDIT: That and also that they reject the concept of the Holy Trinity because Islam states very rigidly that God is One in the strictest sense.

...exactly.

Christians are on the chopping block with the rest of us infidels

rallying against the American south, the crusade vs. the jihad, can't you just see it?:
"JESUS WILL NOT COME!", "SECOND COMING NEVER, HE WON'T RISE", "CHRIST WILL NEVER WALK AGAIN", "DEAD ON HIS CROSS: NO RISE FOR CHRIST!", "MOHAMMAD IS RISE HIGHEST", "NOT SAVE YOU WILL CHRIST", "WRATHFUL ALLAH IS: CHRIST IS DUST"

yes, Yoda and Muslims sound the same to me.:saint:

Check out Dark Suns and The Project Hate - both are good for Opeth fans. The Project Hate has female and male vocals but it's still really fucking awesome and that's coming from someone who's nitpicky about female vocals.

If you want some Black Metal with good vocals you must check out Immortal. I highly recommend At the heart of Winter and Sons of Northern Darkness, good albums for Black Metal n00bs. You can also check out Diabolical Masquerade - Death's Design. Also, if you dislike Crimson II because the music went nowhere you must check out the original Crimson, which is far superior to Crimson II IMHO. Finally do you have Katatonia - Brave murder day, which features the best Mikael vocals I have ever heard?

Yeah, which is why just listening to it and not paying full attention I can understand most of it.

the main contention is that they simply do not believe he fulfilled the messianic prophecies... so all that talk about the trinity and such can't possibly be true from their point of view

If you want some Black Metal with good vocals you must check out Immortal. I highly recommend At the heart of Winter and Sons of Northern Darkness, good albums for Black Metal n00bs. You can also check out Diabolical Masquerade - Death's Design. Also, if you dislike Crimson II because the music went nowhere you must check out the original Crimson, which is far superior to Crimson II IMHO. Finally do you have Katatonia - Brave murder day, which features the best Mikael vocals I have ever heard?

As I mentioned I enjoy very much Diabolical Masquerade's "Death's Design" and "Nightwork".
Also, I like At the Heart of Winter alot! More black metal I forgot about.
Immortal's other albums I am not greatly fond of though.