need some reccomendations!

i'm at the end records, pondering what to buy. i know for a fact that i am getting a couple by devin townsend, but i'm starving for something i am not familiar with. i am familiar with many obscure bands, but i'm looking for something i haven't heard. i'm a big fan of melodic black/death/pagan/doom/etc metal.

any reccomendations?

the haunted - nice melodic thrash, catchy, they r pretty known
thyrfing - very good viking death metal band! i recommend valdr galga
sacrilege - swedish death with in flames' drummer thats responsible on the vocals, i recommend "lost in the beauty u slay"
oh, and there's this small unrecognized band called nevermore (funny name!) theyre ok:p

i'm a big fan of melodic black/death/pagan/doom/etc metal.
Storm was a band that fenriz played in and their style is exactly what u mentioned there .
u MUST buy their "nordavid" album i ....
also doom metal? buy some Solstice if u dont have any yet , their "new dark age" album or "halcyon" killer doom metal with some folk melodies inspired by bathory (epic albums) , old Manowar, Candlemass and a little bit Solitude Aeturnus ..

Dimension Zero- a good thrash cd. Sort of At the Gates/The Haunted sound.

Originally posted by IOfTheStorm

also doom metal? buy some Solstice if u dont have any yet , their "new dark age" album or "halcyon" killer doom metal with some folk melodies inspired by bathory (epic albums) , old Manowar, Candlemass and a little bit Solitude Aeturnus ..

well, i like all the bands you mentions they sound like, so i might give them a try!

i am also thinking thryfing of AGALLOCH. anyone heard them?

here's what i ordered:

AGALLOCH - Pale Folklore -- based on descriptions, it sounds like i would love these guys

AND OCEANS - A.M.G.O.D. -- heard great reviews about it

DEVIN TOWNSEND - Infinity -- townsend = god

DEVIN TOWNSEND - Ocean Machine -- " "

THYRFING - Urkraft -- everyone seems to like them, so i decided to give this one a shot

EVEREVE - Stormbirds -- recommended to me long ago by jimbobhickville. it is one of his favorites. we share similar tastes. thus. . .

anyone own any of these?

**NOTE: if you're a Rush fan, notice my post total!!!**

I don't have Stormbirds but I do have Seasons and it's a good solid album. I also heard that the vocalist commited suicide sometime last year.

AGALLOCH - Pale Folklore -- based on descriptions, it sounds like i would love these guys

AND OCEANS - A.M.G.O.D. -- heard great reviews about it

DEVIN TOWNSEND - Infinity -- townsend = god

DEVIN TOWNSEND - Ocean Machine -- " "

all amazing CDs

right on dude

*GODSMACK*, think alice in chains, put them through the mincer...with a bit of hash.

and of course

Fates Warning
Perfect Symmetry

How about Bal-Sagoth? They kick some melodic black metal ass! I own Atlantis Ascendant, and it owns me!

PS. I'm new here, not a real big fan of message boards, but I'm willing to give this one a try. Who knows, I might even register one day!

-Alex

I think Arcturus are it The End. Have anyone heard them? Oh and i think that And Oceans and Bal Sagoth are totally waste of money and time( for hearing them)!!