Need some tips from you!

Flexxzor

New Metal Member
Aug 7, 2011
Hello everyone,

I made this account because I need some good advice and I think I can get it here :)

So, as many people want, I really want to start a band but I'm not sure where to begin. I need some tips from you on how to start, where to look for band members, etc. I love singing and I have to say I sound like Arnel Pineda from Journey but I can also do the calm numbers from Blind Guardian (Hansi Kürsch). It is not that I want a pro band right from the beginning but just a fun band to play our favourite songs. Now, A few questions:

- Do you have to learn to read notes or are tabs good enough for a beginning guitar/drum?

- When you get good enough, how do you start playing in pubs or something like that?

I just need as much information as you can give me so :p let yourself go and help me out, I'll be very very happy.

Thanks

Tabs are good enough for a beginner. (Though being able to read notes is always a plus)

How to get gigs? Well that's a strange question, since there is no easy rule for that. It's everywhere different. Sometimes you have connections within a music scene or maybe there's a club, which tries to get gigs for musicians going. Mostly you'll just have to ask the pub in which you wanna play.