Need to hear this...

ruinandmisery

The Funeral of Hearts
Jun 12, 2001
near death
www.myspace.com
New release from the Dark Metal band Lilitu. In the vein of Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Soilwork, Moonspell, Katatonia, Opeth, Dimmu Borgir, Sentenced, At the Gates, The Haunted. Fans of Swedish,Gothic,and Black Metal should check this amazing band out. Full of dark melodies and great guitar work. Memorial is a wonderfully complex, dark and emotionally vivid album that demonstrates maturity and refinement. Memorial stands as a monumental display of song writing excellence, experimental innovation, stark progressions, and unparalleled musical authenticity. With this album, Lilitu embarks on a lyrical foray to the depths of vuneralbillity, and at times, to the pinnacle of emotional and redemptive resolution. Get this release now! Comes with a Beautiful booklet designed by Graphic Artist Daniel Long (www.novembre.ws)Visit the bands web site at www.lilitu.ws. MP3's Available! Thanks!

|RM

Finally got your cd ruin.....and after many spins here's my humble veredict!!!
It's just awesome!!!!
I loved the site (I normaly hate Flash too, but this is lovely) and so decided to dig up. Normaly I just ignore ppl saying, hey listen to my band, oh we're so cool and that stuff but I thought, hey, "lilitu" what and idiotic name for a metal band, so I checked the site and so on.
Yesterday arrived my cd (with one sticker and one of the greates postcards I've ever seen :)
First of all the cd artwork is perfect, everything's so cool on it that it makes it easier to get you to listen the stuff.
The music is really nice, very professional. May be it's not Dark Tranquillity (sorry, SURE it's not Dark Tranquillity) but I expected much much less than this, specially when I saw the "self produced and distributed". The clean vox are really cool, I love that voice and as I said elsewhere the growlings are not the way I like the growlings. They have some kind of effect or distortion that bothers me a little, but with time you get used to...
It's really hard to choose the best song for me and it's extremely hard to choose the worst (but there none bad here) I'd say This Is Not The Exit is the one I like most, and followed by I Can Not Be Saved and Memorial (but I think this will vary with some time)
The outro is cool too, but after 6 times heard becomes a little anoying.
Total running time is 49:47 min and IMHO 40 mins are just excellent.
It's not a MUST but definately a great buy for supporting one of the best bands I've heard from lately USA metal!!!!
and no, I'm not being paid to say this, I'm not even friend of ruinandmisery and no, I don't wear my undies over the trousers!!!

- Phyre, You hate Flash! Oh, that's a great reason not to check out a band! Have you been to the web site? It's not the typical Flash that you are thinking of! Very clean and streamlined! We have a page that does not look metal...thanks for your opinion!

- FatherVic, thanks for your kind comments on the album! We appreciate it very much! Spread the word! Unwill is my favorite song to play live!

phyre, you're true, but errr, these things are changing these days. 20% of the sites includes flash and 40% of the site includes something not viewable on Netscape. I don't like the sites based only on flash, but I didn't like the ones which included frames but damn! If I had to runnaway on every flashy framed site I should quit on the internet....
And thanx, I'm glad to hear somebody takes in consideration what I say, thought you all thought Spaniards were useless (as |ngenius tries to show us up!!!:loco: )

what about PayPal phyre??? that's a cool thing to keep in mind while ebaying or trading or buying things on the net...fast as hell secure as errrrr, hell too?¿?

Hi Phrye!

I understand your opinions based on Flash, but our site is not bogged down by the design, and we do have content on our site! Anyway, enough about the web site. Yes, there is one on ebay, I will accept Cash, but like FatherVic said, Paypal is easier and faster! Just let me know if you are interested!

Thanks again for your interest!

Cheers,

|RM