Need very melodic metal recommendations

shinobis

New Metal Member
Jul 17, 2011
I just finished listening to Dark Tranquillity's album Character and I realised how much I like heavy metal songs with a good melody in them.

Some DT examples that i LOVED

(the good part starts @ 0:57)

I tried listening to some other melodeath bands like inflames,at the gates, scar symmetry but I didnt like any of them couse they were kinda too heavy for me - the vocals too harsh and there wasnt any deep melody in them. (atleast not the kind im looking for)
But with Dark Tranquillity its just perfect, the vocals are top notch, and there isnt any "chaos", just pure melody.. I know this might be difficult to understand so to sum all of this up:
please recommend me a mix of powermetal and melodeath metal

if it helps I like amon amarth a LOT. DT and AA are basically two of my favorite metal bands

Last edited by a moderator:
Chaos Divine
Kalisia
Mercenary
Archeon
Callenish Circle
latest Dreamland is more melodic and has some of the rougher vocals in it as well
search melodeath on youtube and follow where it leads

Both DT and AA are heavier than Scar Symmetry, but I can see where you're getting at with the melody thing :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxhHxm3lRoE

YES!!! thats exactly what im looking for, will listen to some of their albums asap.
Thanks man

Chaos Divine
Kalisia
Mercenary
Archeon
Callenish Circle
latest Dreamland is more melodic and has some of the rougher vocals in it as well
search melodeath on youtube and follow where it leads

so far im loving Kalisia, havent listened to all of them though. thanks

I just discovered that band from Italia !

Enjoy it is extremly melodic and brutal !

Fleshgod Apocalypse

Last edited by a moderator: