"Nephilim" backing vocals Jonas or a chick?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Guys, I'm sure anyone who's given "Nephilim" some spins has noticed the eerie backing vocals with the cool "la la lala" part at the end. Whenever it comes on it sounds exactly like a female singer singing with Jonas though I've read people saying that there's no female vocalist in there.

Can anyone clarify or share their thoughts on this?

Cheers!

^would agree. If there's nothing in the credits, I doubt there was a guest singer present. Maybe Anders kneed Jonas a bit to make the highs. :D

You really think those OBVIOUSLY female vocals in Nephilim are Jonas? :lol:

Agreed. That is definitely a chick.

and according to well know katatonia forum knowers this is definetly NOT the cover of night is the new day...
Katatonia-Night-is-the-New-Day.jpg

Guys, I'm sure anyone who's given "Nephilim" some spins has noticed the eerie backing vocals with the cool "la la lala" part at the end. Whenever it comes on it sounds exactly like a female singer singing with Jonas though I've read people saying that there's no female vocalist in there.

Can anyone clarify or share their thoughts on this?

There isn't a female vocalist listed in the credits on the album package itself. Katatonia uses a pretty wise spectrum of effects. That being said, I'm sure it's just Jonas singing through some sort of vocal effects processor or pitch shifter.