Discovering Night is the New Day

the agressive style of clean vocals in the beggining of Ashen are only comparable to I Break and im absolutly obsessed.

Very very true... I like that monotone vocals followed by the agressive vox and then the melodic chorus vox kicks in!! This is so very Katatonia way!! It reminds me of TD and it's always a great thing for me:) Maybe the best track on the album...

Very very true... I like that monotone vocals followed by the agressive vox and then the melodic chorus vox kicks in!! This is so very Katatonia way!! It reminds me of TD and it's always a great thing for me:) Maybe the best track on the album...

hell ya! this is my thought exactly, it just shows they still have all the power to implement their older styles into newer songs. if you dont have the swedish edition anyone i feel sorry for you.

My favorite songs which blow my goddamn mind on this new album:

Forsaker - Self-Explanitory. Listen to the song.

The Longest Year - Amazingly great lyrics, crazy insane layers like the song before it, like forsaker will be an instant classic just like nearly every other song on this album.

Onward Into Battle - After listening to this song multiple times, I realize that this song is so epic beyond words. Forcibly taking upon day upon day.... amazingly brilliant lyrics that forcibly make you aware of the presence of the song but it isn't a regular metal song, unlike anything I've ever heard. SO heavy, yet... strangely not.

Liberation - Some crazy great lyrical passages that carry the song over into a great chorus, that is very like viva emptiness style that I dig quite a bit. Fantastic.

Idle Blood - So much like an Damnation song with the production, riffing, and even the lyrical styles of his voice in this song make it a fantastic mid-album song that picks up the rest later on.

Nephilim - Oh holy shit, the insane riff of this song into the interlude of the repeating riff of force... unbelievable. Ends greatly with soft undertones that finish off the song greatly.

Inheritance - My favorite song off of the album BY FAR, and easily tops one of my favorite songs of ALL TIME. Yes. This is how fucking good this song is, unbelievably my style and the vocals, chorus, lyrics are just crazy. I probably have played this song over 20 times today. I will continue to play it just as much, I can't get enough of this song.

I want to list the rest of the songs, but this is all I can say in this post for now, too busy listening to the album again.

I rate this album a goddamn 10/10. I re-listened to TGCD, a few days prior and today again, amazing album as well. I believe after multiple listenings and self comprehensions that Night Is The New Day is literally their best work. In my opinion, of course.

On the last verse of The Proise of Deceit when Jonas sings "woooooouuullldd" in the background accompanying the chorus- sends shivers down my spine.

Another observation although I'm not sure if it's already been discussed- no screams on this record. I'm kinda glad about that, even though I still think they go well with TGCD and VE

My favorite songs which blow my goddamn mind on this new album:

Forsaker - Self-Explanitory. Listen to the song.

The Longest Year - Amazingly great lyrics, crazy insane layers like the song before it, like forsaker will be an instant classic just like nearly every other song on this album.

Onward Into Battle - After listening to this song multiple times, I realize that this song is so epic beyond words. Forcibly taking upon day upon day.... amazingly brilliant lyrics that forcibly make you aware of the presence of the song but it isn't a regular metal song, unlike anything I've ever heard. SO heavy, yet... strangely not.

Liberation - Some crazy great lyrical passages that carry the song over into a great chorus, that is very like viva emptiness style that I dig quite a bit. Fantastic.

Idle Blood - So much like an Damnation song with the production, riffing, and even the lyrical styles of his voice in this song make it a fantastic mid-album song that picks up the rest later on.

Nephilim - Oh holy shit, the insane riff of this song into the interlude of the repeating riff of force... unbelievable. Ends greatly with soft undertones that finish off the song greatly.

Inheritance - My favorite song off of the album BY FAR, and easily tops one of my favorite songs of ALL TIME. Yes. This is how fucking good this song is, unbelievably my style and the vocals, chorus, lyrics are just crazy. I probably have played this song over 20 times today. I will continue to play it just as much, I can't get enough of this song.

I want to list the rest of the songs, but this is all I can say in this post for now, too busy listening to the album again.

I rate this album a goddamn 10/10. I re-listened to TGCD, a few days prior and today again, amazing album as well. I believe after multiple listenings and self comprehensions that Night Is The New Day is literally their best work. In my opinion, of course.

:headbang: Dude, hell yeah! My copy should be arriving sometime next week.

In any case, the guys need to post up a poll like they did with TGCD where the fans vote for their favourite tracks off the new album. I'm curious what'll come out on top.

There are a many jizzworthy little embellishments all over these songs. Which is one of the reasons I love Katatonia and their production.

Although just a creative piece of percussive mastery, I'm bringing to attention the double time crash-to-china cymbal rhythm in the "How cold is the flame" section of Longest Year.
I think it totally makes this part of the song. I love it when drummers do shit like this - Just one of those perfect percussive ideas a great drummer can bring to enhance a song.

Makes me cream every time.

Day and then the Shade > 2:40-3:15 this part of the song is really hitting me. most depressing part in a katatonia song in a looong time. in sounds to me like impending inevitable doom.

Really i listen to this album and i am trying to swallow it..It wasn't like on TGCD when it was love at first sight or Viva empiteness or other albums (without the first two death style ones in).This one is ok but is latest on the bottom..Is too static..

"it's the month, of july" in Departer is beautiful as well as "the story, of our lives" and "its the path of our lives"
All sequential and rhyming but i dunno i just REALLY love those lines