Neurosis!!!!!

BillowOfZeal

and I looked up her skirt
May 26, 2001
Nashville, Tn.
Visit site
I was just curious how many Neurosis fans there were around here because I do not hear them mentioned much in these forums. I have not been listening to them much lately but for a while there they were just about my favorite band ever of all time. Souls at Zero, Enemy of the Sun and Through Silver in Blood for the longest time,to me, were the deepest most artfull(?) pieces of music ever created. I like all the others as well.

Just curious as to your opinions on this band......

I have Through Silver in Blood and A Sun That Never Sets. Both are great albums. It took me a while to actually appreciate them, but yeah it's unique music.

It's slow and almost minimilistic, but quite good. Somehow even though a lot of times they'll just be repeating one riff for several minutes without vocals, it doesn't seem boring. It's very deep music.

-Hondo

Neurosis will go down in history as the heaviest band of all time. I've been listening to them for several years and have all their stuff. Neurosis and Today Is The Day basically helped me get back into guitar oriented heavy music in the early 90's. I was into Skinny Puppy for so long that I didn't listen to much else. That all changed after I heard Enemy of the Sun. That album is so godamned heavy, brutal and apocalyptic I have yet to hear anything that even compares.
The first time I saw them they were opening for Machine Head which was fucked up because there were basically alot of shitheads in the audience that had no idea what the fuck was going on while Neurosis was playing.
I love the fact that Neurosis has stuck to their guns and have pretty much done everything on their own instead of playing the bullshit music industry MTV game and all the fucking garbage that goes along with it.

I think Steve Albini did a great job with the last two albums but I still prefer Billy Anderson at the controls. That motherfucker is the shit.

There was recently a Guns and Roses thread that alot of people (to my surpise) kept raving about what a great guitar player Slash was. And I'm sitting there thinking are you fucking kidding me?!?!? Neurosis can say more with three notes than Slash could ever do with 50, 100 or 1,000.
But in all fairness....to each his own.

Peace and Decadence are concentric.

I think Neurosis is a great band. I have been listening to them for years. I think Souls At Zero is the best album, but it is hard to say because they have so many great albums.

Do you like tribes of Neurot??

Neurosis rocks. I've got all their major releases as well as Steve von Till's solo album (very depressing, dark, just him and an acoustic guitar, extremely minimalistic)....

I saw Neurosis a while back with Bloodlet, a metalcore? band from Florida, Bloodlet is awesome as well...they just got back together so I'm eagerly awaiting another release from them...If you haven't checked out Bloodlet before, you've gotta check out their album Entheogen (it's fuckin awesome)...

Cult of Luna is definately another band for Neurosis fans to check out....I think they are from sweden, but sound like a mix of Bloodlet, Neurosis, and Integrity (old hardcore/metalcore band from Chicago area)...

Anyone out there try playing Times of Grace alongside Tribes of Neurot's Grace album? I haven't gotten around to that yet...

Anyway, yes, Neurosis is awesome...

The first time I saw them they were opening for Machine Head which was fucked up because there were basically alot of shitheads in the audience that had no idea what the fuck was going on while Neurosis was playing.

Yea, I was there at 328 right up front just stunned and in the "zone" . It was so awesome!!

I was just curious how many Neurosis fans there were around here because I do not hear them mentioned much in these forums

*snort* That's because they are so fucking terrible.

MachineHead Part II actually! Just a bit slower than machine head.

Wow, sounds wicked. Are they proggy?

Hardly.

Check out Atheist if you want CRAZY prog.

I saw them at Ozzfest '97 and it was the most amazing live show ever. I've never seen another band play with such raw emotion. Its not easy to get into though. It took me a while to appreciate Through Silver in Blood, but now it's one of my top 10 albums period. I hear in closed venues they have projectors and movies and such.

I think they are from sweden

Yeah, Cult Of Luna is from Sweden. They are quite similar to Neurosis, but a little faster and with more of a hardcore edge.

*snort* That's because they are so fucking terrible.

Wtf? I hope you are fucking kidding me.

MachineHead Part II actually! Just a bit slower than machine head.

Yeah right.

Wow, sounds wicked. Are they proggy?

Yes, you can say that they are proggy. Not progressive as Dream Theater, but I´d say Neurosis are quite progressive.

I have listened to the Neurosis Times of grace with the Tribes of Neurot and it sounds great!!!!!!!! That is all I listened to for months when it came out.

The first time I saw neurosis was in 1995 i think they were playing with X Cops. I stayed for neurosis, then left when X cops came on stage.

NEUROSIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!