Neurosis

mindflesh

Rainbow Satan Overflow
Nov 19, 2001
Austria
members.aon.at
Today I picked up "A Sun That Never Sets" at the local record store - for € 5 ! The jewel case has seen better days but overall it's in very good condition.

I never realized just how good Neurosis are. Considering the low price, this was probably the best buy in a long time...

they're one of my favourite bands.
the last track of that CD is just fantastic!
I think there's a "A sun that never sets"-DVD, too...

The guy Eld from this forum told me to get them over MSN, I started with "A Sun That Never Sets" and slowly worked my way in reverse through their back catalogue and as I progressed, I liked them less.

Their earlier stuff is like thrash-hardcore-punk mixed in with the material from Sovereign EP and the latest effort...really hard to grasp at first.

"The Tide" and "Stones From The Sky" are absolutely fantastic songs.

Neurosis are one of the best bands in the world.

Also check out Cult of Luna and Switchblade from Sweden.

if you like neurosis you should check this band out...

finnish band called CALLISTO
similar to the cult of luna , breach and neurosis...
very rocking stuff!!!!!!!
i think this band has all the potential to be very big!!!!!!
i did industrial and ambient-parts as asession-member to their newest mini-cd but i am not telling you that it`s a good band because of that...only because i seriously think that they rock very hard!!!!!

check out some of the coming (unmastered) song "anastasis"
here.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/339/-callisto-.html

I have the A Sun That Never Sets DVD, it's quite pleasant and well-done, and pretty cheap.

Originally posted by Masters Apprentice
The guy Eld from this forum told me to get them over MSN, I started with "A Sun That Never Sets" and slowly worked my way in reverse through their back catalogue and as I progressed, I liked them less.

Their earlier stuff is like thrash-hardcore-punk mixed in with the material from Sovereign EP and the latest effort...really hard to grasp at first.

"The Tide" and "Stones From The Sky" are absolutely fantastic songs.

Word. As I look into their older stuff I find it to still be amazing. "Souls At Zero" is just absolutely phenominal, and so is "Through Silver In Blood" and "Times of Grace". "Enemy of the Sun" is still a great, great album, but just a step below "Souls At Zero" (since those two albums are closely related).

Early stuff is only two albums of hardcore punk. Neurosis has been around a long time.