Symphony X

~Zeanra~

Tandtroll
Nov 1, 2001
es-POO, Finland
This has probably done before, and it's done again. I've never heard them before, I've seen some of their cd's in the local record store and I've been thinking buying a one. What kind of music they play and which album would you recommend to get first?

The Divine Wings of Tragedy is my favorite Symphony X disc. This disc has a more aggressive feel to it then their later stuff which I still enjoy also.

For Symphony X - V.

Prog metal with a lead singer that sounds like the lead singer from Kansas. The only complaint I have about them is at times their keyboardist sounds like he is playing a cheap casio keyboard...that gets on my nerves, but besides that...the songs are tight, excellent hooks...like I said it is Prog Metal, so if you are not a prog metal fan, you probably won't like it.

Hope this was helpful.

Think 'Early Dream Theatre' and you'll have a fairly good idea of what they're about.....I hope you like DT (and let's face it, who doesn't?!!!:rolleyes: ).

And yeah, their best stuff is off V - The Mythology Suite and Divine Wings Of Tragedy.........Enjoy:D

The Divine Wings of Tragedy.
Don't listen to those who says V, its thier worst (still its awesome though..)
Twilight In Olympus is really recomended also as well as all thier other cds.

Hmm.....I got some kind of picture. I've heard Dream Theatre before (I don't own any albums though) and it was better than I expected. I'll see if I can find V - The Mythology Suite or Divine Wings Of Tragedy.

Thanks for the help :)

edit: Damn slow connection...heh...or Twilight In Olympus.

Couldn't help but notice another Symphony X thread and I will agree with some of those above, begin with The Divine Wings of Tragedy, one of the best prog metal releases, in my humble opinion.

I personally like V more than DWoT...just somehow seems easier to listen to. But I guess if you're more into 20 minute songs get DWOT first.

Think of the very best that Dio and Yngwie have had to offer, and you'll be familiar with a starting point for what the vocals and guitars sound like. Oh yeah... And get Divine Wings of Tragedy!

...Uh... Kushman... I just downloaded all their albums off audiogalaxy... do a song-name search instead of band search, or just search for symphony or something.

EGYPT is an awesome song.

But the vocals blow goats :rolleyes:

Great musicians, and for the most part, good music too.