nice, kickass find by me

Seance

Still Writes in Crayon
Feb 20, 2003
US
Visit site
decided to visit my local record store - didn't really plan on buying anything in particular, just planned on lookin around a bit and waste a little time

over i stroll to the Opeth section and what do i see?

Blackwater Park 2CD Deluxe Limited Edition

brand new for $18.99

how did this happen? i have no idea, i've never seen it in there before... and no it wasn't used or pre-played or open, it was brand spankin new

how cool is that? :D

has the sticker on the plastic and everything, right on!

I found that deluxe edition in this Epitaph record label display. Basically a bin full of terrible 3rd generation punk rock. Flipping through it I saw Pennywise, Bad Religion, NOFX, generic ska bands...and the Opeth CD.

Maggot9 said:
i wouldnt buy it for 2 new songs, fuc kthat. hows the booklet, any new art?

I didn't buy the regular version of BWP... I had my mind set on getting the Deluxe Edition somehow (was eventually going to order it off the internet, in good condition or unopened, whatever, since they aren't made anymore)

I didn't want to buy the album twice when the opportunity came like you implied, so it wasn't wasted money, it was just finally buying an album I've been wanting to buy for awhile now

Silent Song said:
your store has an opeth SECTION? what store...

lol well what else do you call it... you know... the plastic tab that says Opeth... Best Buy-style

even though a whole "SECTION" of a store dedicated to Opeth would be cool

the store is called Vintage Vinyl and it kicks ass, simply put

House of Seance said:
I didn't buy the regular version of BWP... I had my mind set on getting the Deluxe Edition somehow (was eventually going to order it off the internet, in good condition or unopened, whatever, since they aren't made anymore)

I didn't want to buy the album twice when the opportunity came like you implied, so it wasn't wasted money, it was just finally buying an album I've been wanting to buy for awhile now

oh, then good for you.

RjBeals said:

Haha, one of the reviews from ^ link...

*****I hate this crap..., June 17, 2005
Reviewer: Jesuschrist_died_invein (Hell where i will soon be) - See all my reviews
I realy can't stand melodic deathmetal... If your gay? You will enjoy this but other wise stay away from it. Opeth's" blackwater park ( bonus tracks)" is terrible--Mixing acoustic and deathmetal? You gotta be kidding me! Listing to disgorge! Foget this melodic boring garbage!

is the harvest video an actual music video or them just playing it in a studio or something. i didnt think opeth had music vids

Biddinger said:
I found that deluxe edition in this Epitaph record label display. Basically a bin full of terrible 3rd generation punk rock. Flipping through it I saw Pennywise, Bad Religion, NOFX, generic ska bands...and the Opeth CD.

You suck if you think Bad Religion are (were, at least) terrible :)