NEVERMORE: Album Reissues Detailed - Aug. 11, 2006

flu boy

Waffle Hut
Oct 20, 2003
Waffle Hut
Visit site
SOURCE: BLABBERMOUTH.NET

Seattle's premier metal outfit NEVERMORE has opened its chamber of secrets, unveiling previously unreleased material as well as various other rarities, which will be used as bonus content for its upcoming re-releases of "Nevermore" (1995), the "In Memory" EP (1996), and "The Politics of Ecstasy" (1996), due in Europe on September 11 (September 8 in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux) via Century Media Records. The details of the reissues are as follows:

"Nevermore" CD reissue:

Original album:

01. What Tomorrow Knows
02. C.B.F.
03. The Sanity Assassin
04. Garden of Gray
05. Sea Of Possibilities
06. The Hurting Words
07. Timothy Leary
08. Godmoney

Bonus tracks:

09. The System's Failing
10. The Dreaming Mind (unreleased - from spring 1992 demo)
11. World Unborn (unreleased - from spring 1992 demo)
12. Chances Three (unreleased - from spring 1992 demo)
13. Utopia (unreleased - from 1992 demo)

Total running time: 61:54

Video enhancement: "What Tomorrow Knows"

"In Memory" CD reissue:

Original EP:

01. Optimist or Pessimist
02. Matricide
03. In Memory
04. Silent Hedges / Double Dare
05. The Sorrowed Man

Bonus tracks:

06. The Tiananmen Man (demo)
07. The Seven Tongues of God (demo)
08. Passenger (demo)
09. This Sacrament (demo)
10. 42147 (Instrumental - demo)

Total running time: 53:17

"The Politics of Ecstasy" CD reissue:

Original album:

01. The Seven Tongues of God
02. This Sacrament
03. Next in Line
04. Passenger
05. The Politics of Ecstasy
06. Lost
07. The Tiananmen Man
08. Precognition (instrumental)
09. 42147
10. The Learning

Bonus tracks:

11. Love Bites (JUDAS PRIEST cover)

Total running time: 67:54

Video Enhancement: "Next in Line"

All three NEVERMORE classics have been given new artwork and will include extended liner notes.

ha ha ha "opened its chamber of secrets"

that's some quality chamber of secrets, opened up to reveal what's been posted on sites like amazon.com for weeks now :p

(but I know they mean material wise, just seemed like they intended it the other way)

Does anybody know where we can find out if they are remastered or not? The fact that they don't mention it probably means no. That sucks!

Fuck me, you're right. PoE has barely any 300 to 500Hz compared to most other modern releases. It's something other Neil Kernon releases seem to share. Nile's 'Annihilation of the Wicked' seems to have a pretty big scoop in the lower mids too.

I dunno the reissue of PoE isn't that much different. I was hoping for a tightened up bottom end and snappier midrange but the basic sound is the same. Maybe this baby could have used a re-mixing too. I mean sure I can hear the difference, I just think they could have done a better job. The album is still too scooped and farty, albeit not as bad as DNB, but it's still there. The new art is worth it alone though, man the original packaging stunk somethin' fierce.

so i guess i will skip buying the originals since i don\'t have them yet and i will buy the re-releases.
and btw i like the sound of DNB, especially on poisongod and death of passion

yo no hablo espanol
paul
:lol:

It's great news regarding the reissues/remasters of Nevermore's first 3 releases. I posted earlier on Nevermore's unreleased tracks and rarities and had some questions. I'm gonna ask the same questions for clarifications.

Someone mentioned that "Chances Three", as a bonus track in the limited edition of "Dead Heart In A Dead World", is a re-recording w/ slightly different lyrics. Is that true or is it the same song from Nevermore's "Utopia" (1992) demo? I still didn't get a clear answer whether "The System Is Failing", the bonus track in the self-title debut, is a re-recording or the very same song from their "Utopia" (1992) demo. I'm assuming it's a re-recording as there's no mention of it being a demo version. And who's the drummer in "The System Is Failing" and in their "Utopia" (1992) demo: Van Williams or Mark Arrington?

When I heard that there'll be 5 bonus tracks in "In Memory EP" (1996), I was actually expecting those 5 bonus tracks from their 1994 demo. So, I'm not really disappointed, but got a more bonus added surprise. The songs in their 1994 demo are: "Sea Of Possibilities", "C.B.F.", "The Sanity Assassin", "Timothy Leary", and "The World Unborn". I can't wait to hear the demo and instrumental version of "42147". Also, it's about time "Love Bites" (Judas Priest cover) is a bonus track in 1 of their albums now.

In future, as a Nevermore fan, I'd like to see a release of their "Utopia" (1992) and 1994 demos on 1 disk. The songs are:

Garden Of Gray
The Hurting Words
The Sorrowed Man
The System Is Failing
Matricide
Godmoney
Sea Of Possibilities
C.B.F.
The Sanity Assassin
Timothy Leary
The World Unborn

Tracks 1-6 are the remaining tracks from their "Utopia" (1992) demo, and tracks 7-11 are from their 1994 demo.

Whatever it is, I'm really happy about the Nevermore reissues/remasters, and I can't wait to get em.

METAL ON NEVERHEADS! :headbang:

Fuck, Nevermore sure like to kick us in the balls. haha

Don't get me wrong, updates/reissues/remasters... they rock hard. (except those Megadeth ones... dug the originals much more)

But what? Big fans need to buy 4/7 albums again? Harsh!

(Not complaining.... obviously don't NEED to buy them... but as a fan, very compelled)

pentakle361 said:
It's great news regarding the reissues/remasters of Nevermore's first 3 releases. I posted earlier on Nevermore's unreleased tracks and rarities and had some questions. I'm gonna ask the same questions for clarifications.

Someone mentioned that "Chances Three", as a bonus track in the limited edition of "Dead Heart In A Dead World", is a re-recording w/ slightly different lyrics. Is that true or is it the same song from Nevermore's "Utopia" (1992) demo? I still didn't get a clear answer whether "The System Is Failing", the bonus track in the self-title debut, is a re-recording or the very same song from their "Utopia" (1992) demo. I'm assuming it's a re-recording as there's no mention of it being a demo version. And who's the drummer in "The System Is Failing" and in their "Utopia" (1992) demo: Van Williams or Mark Arrington?

When I heard that there'll be 5 bonus tracks in "In Memory EP" (1996), I was actually expecting those 5 bonus tracks from their 1994 demo. So, I'm not really disappointed, but got a more bonus added surprise. The songs in their 1994 demo are: "Sea Of Possibilities", "C.B.F.", "The Sanity Assassin", "Timothy Leary", and "The World Unborn". I can't wait to hear the demo and instrumental version of "42147". Also, it's about time "Love Bites" (Judas Priest cover) is a bonus track in 1 of their albums now.

In future, as a Nevermore fan, I'd like to see a release of their "Utopia" (1992) and 1994 demos on 1 disk. The songs are:

Garden Of Gray
The Hurting Words
The Sorrowed Man
The System Is Failing
Matricide
Godmoney
Sea Of Possibilities
C.B.F.
The Sanity Assassin
Timothy Leary
The World Unborn

Tracks 1-6 are the remaining tracks from their "Utopia" (1992) demo, and tracks 7-11 are from their 1994 demo.

Whatever it is, I'm really happy about the Nevermore reissues/remasters, and I can't wait to get em.

METAL ON NEVERHEADS! :headbang:

Well to answer the System is Failing question, yes it's a studio version that was recorded during the S/T album sessions, and until now only appeared on the Japanese pressing of the CD. It's not the demo version from Utopia.

I'm not sure about the Chances Three song. I have a feeling it's a re-recording on that limited edition version of Dead Heart to a Dead World, but probably recorded during the Dreaming Neon Black album sessions. I'm not 100% sure though as I've never heard it.

And I agree, I also would have preferred them put the 1994 demos on the In Memory EP as bonuses, instead of demos from the The Politics of Ecstasy album.