nevermore board virgin

where is that smiley showing one shaking his head in unbelief????????

anyway have a good time here krymson dude
know king crymson? made us some really strange songs in the 70s

haha, ok

The fact still remains, you bash Soilwork for "dumbing down" over the years, while IE has done the same thing and you praise them. I don't give a rat's ass about technicality, but you jizz your shorts on that kind of thing, so it's your turf.

Taste is subjective, but try applying the same standards to different bands for once, and you'll look like less of an ass.

I think music falls into the same category as movies, and my friend explains it best. He says, "reviewers write logical reasons for an emotional response, they basically get an emotional feel for the movie [or music], then try to apply logical reasons for why they felt that way. It doesn't work." Or something to that effect. Objectivity is impossible with something like music or movies; every person reacts differently to the same thing. It's easy to say what you like or don't like about something, but it isn't easy to explain why.

The closest thing to objectivity is being able to recognize talent in things you don't like. I don't like the Beatles, but I do recognize they were innovative and talented musicians. I didn't like the movie "Thin Red Line", but I do recognize it was well-done.

Anyway, I like both IE and new Soilwork, and I also love really technical stuff like Cynic and Spastic Ink.