Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World Tone with Free amp sims

Wyldechyld

Jordan Guthrie
Jan 22, 2011
Oklahoma, US
Hey guys! The tone from DHIADW is one of my favorite tones in modern metal so I set out to try to get a similar tone with just free amp sims, specifically the Lepou Lecto. I thought there was an older thread about the DHIADW album tone, but I searched and couldn't find it. Anyways, here's my attempt! I just recorded the first section of The Heart Collector. What do you think of the tone? Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds pretty close, and I would guess to say that the right impulse would make it pretty shot on (I think the album was t75s, yours sounds like a v30, correct?).

It sounds pretty close, and I would guess to say that the right impulse would make it pretty shot on (I think the album was t75s, yours sounds like a v30, correct?).

TS9 --> dual recto --> Marshall 1960 w/ T75s --> 2X SM57 --> quadtracked.

OP, you can hear the raw album guitar tone @ 3:30 on Engines of Hate if you want to EQ match it, which is always helpful with software sims. Think there might be some cymbal bleed that would mess it up though.

Very good tone ,it's close to the original , a bit more bass guitar in mix would make it even more aggressive ,IMO.
Thanks, I'll try that!

Thanks man! I used a mix of Guitarhacks Between and Marshall 1960A T75 off axis impulse.

TS9 --> dual recto --> Marshall 1960 w/ T75s --> 2X SM57 --> quadtracked.

OP, you can hear the raw album guitar tone @ 3:30 on Engines of Hate if you want to EQ match it, which is always helpful with software sims. Think there might be some cymbal bleed that would mess it up though.

I'll try that section and try to EQ match it and use only a T75 impulse and post the results to see if you guys think it is any closer.