switching from pod farm to free amp sims

Hey everyone, just thought i could slide in a question since this thread is mainly talking about Lecab which is a great plugin btw :)

If my memory isn't playing tricks on me you can load 6 Impulses in a single track. I usually blend two different impulses TWICE which means i'm using 4 impulses (2x2) : Catharsis 1-on preshigh panned at 70 and the bigbox mesa vintage 30 off axis -2 panned at 100. Then i pan the whole track either 100 R or L.

Until then i only did two tracks (one L, one R) but now i'm doing quadtracking and i'm starting to think it may be too much impulses in one track. Should i limit to just 2 or even 1 impulse by tracks ?

Why would you use the same impulse 2 times? It'll just be louder, but it'll sound the same.
You can use as many impulses as you want, as long as they are all in phase with each other. You'll notice it if they aren't : it'll start to sound really weird. (You can use the delay knob in LeCab to hear what I mean.)

I always just use one impulse per track but I think two would be ok as long as they're different. Many people seem to like the ASEM+Orange Cab 2 combo.