Help with amp sims

xANDREWLIFERx

Feb 27, 2010
So i have a variety of amp sims but on all my sims i get this white noise even when my volume is off on my guitar.I'm using LePou's LeXTAC (recommend better?) and some cab impulses with kefir, but I'm clueless on how to eq and vst chain for a djent progressive metal sound and get rid of this white noise. Thank you for any input and help.

i cant help you with the eq but to get rid of that noise you need to put a gate after the amp sim and before the cab sim.

Ive used a noise gate but i hate how it sucks out my sustain and cuts out my guitar but ill try your method. thank you

its all how you set it dude, alot of people do it this way especially the djent guys. highgain sims are noisy as all hell.

Yeah i prefer the free amp sims over Guitar rig and Revalver MKIII, something doesn't cut it with those two. Of course I'm barely getting to know my way around amp sims so maybe i need to tweak them more, but who needs them when you have the 8505 sim and LePoulin's sims.

it really just depends on how you tweak it, in the newest killswitch thread the_zeronaut got a fucking killer tone out of amplitude 3.

Is it strange I've never had to use a plug in noise gate with amp sims?
It could be the fact I track with SD Blackouts which are super quiet, but I'm not sure:confused:

I've been using guitar rig for quite some time now running through my lexicon Omega and have never had any strange noise. Maybe there is some interference between your hardware. Cable, maybe? I had a bad cable going to my monitors one day and had a hissing noise that drove me crazy.

It could be the fact I track with SD Blackouts which are super quiet, but I'm not sure:confused:

I get terrible noise no matter what settings i use :mad:

It could be your pickups that cut all your noise, but you are one lucky dude to get no noise!

Yeah active pickups like SD and EMG are very quiet compared to passive pickups. That´s a advantage with active one´s.

i get a lot of noise here 'cuz my electricity isn't grounded. :/

(don't know if this is the correct term)

So im using cubase 5 with my guitar line in, ive recorded two tests one is a mastered track with izotope ozone with the cd preset and a noise gate the other is the no gate no master with an example of the noise i get. Excuse the sloppy playing hahah. i cant get good tight sounding tones without any noise :/ or just good sounding tones....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1044216

"Test"-is the shitty noise gate/shitty song/shitty tone
"noise and bull sh**t"- is the noise i get + fizzy shitty tone :/

Oh and im using a shecter helraiser c-1 with emgs 81 an 89 i believe

Even amazing guitar tones can sound shitty by themselves

Without a tone in the context of a mix (with drums and bass backing it) tone clips are pretty useless, all the killer tones you hear on this forum, I bet that all of them are backed by a full mix

And you call yourself "your new god"? Shouldnt be a problem for you to fix.:lol: But seriously, that sucks. Bad luck for you to live in a place that is not grounded.

Even amazing guitar tones can sound shitty by themselves

Without a tone in the context of a mix (with drums and bass backing it) tone clips are pretty useless, all the killer tones you hear on this forum, I bet that all of them are backed by a full mix

Yeah a mix is a compromise of sounds. Not only the guitars might sound dull on their own. Great tone is great for playing on you own. But dont count on it to fit in a mix.

Have you looked at getting an isolating transformer for your audio gear? You can get one pretty cheap that can handle a guitar amp/computer/mixing desk.