Nevermore... Dreaming Neon Black

DrX

Get off my lawn
Sep 10, 2001
Upstate Va
www.yahoo.com
What do you think of Dreaming Neon Black? I just got it and am really trying to get into it. I'm a little disappointed though after so many great reviews. I would post this in the Nevermore forum, but I want to know what the Opeth fans think. Of course, I have never been dissappointed by an Opeth album...

I agree, Dreaming Neon Black took quite awhile to get into. Do you have any other Nevermore albums? Many people like Dead Heart even better than DNB. But of course every album is different....which is a good thing I think.

I bought Dreaming Neon Black on the strength of the title track, but I ended up hating the album. (Turned out the title track had a different feel than the rest of the album, in my opinion.) But I'm not much of a Nevermore fan in general, so I'm biased. I sold it on Ebay. :lol:

DNB is a very good album. Along with Politics of Ecstasy, is one of nevermore's best releases.

I'm not a fan of DeadHeartInADeadWorld, but give me the old stuff like 'In Memory' anyday.

DNB=10/10

What? Dissapointed with Dreaming Neon Black?

Have you heard it drunk my friend?, DNB was the most exquisite taste o Power Metal (Until Dead Heart... came out) and I mean

POWER Metal my friend

Sing like Beyond Within,I Am the Dog,Poison Godmachine and of course Dreaming Neon Black are already Classics, you must listen to it once or twice again because it is not one of those in-two-weeks-forgotten records

Actually, I am kind of getting into it. I force myself to listen to it a lot because I paid 15 dollars for it. Now I find certain parts of it going through my head from time to time. I would now say it is a decent CD.

DeadHeartInADeadWorld is the album to show the world that power metal doesn't have to be dragons, tight leather and plastic swords. It's a masterpiece, that album! DNB I seldom listen to, it's so spooky and depressing considering what it's about. It's about Warrels girlfriend who moved to Africa with this sect only to dissappear-some weeks later she was found in a river, drowned. That really happened, folks.

DNB is easily their best album. It's dark, moody, great guitars, and some of their best songs ever. "All Play Dead" is my favorite song. It just rips. I knew the album had a story to it, but I had no idea it was about his girlfriend. I'm gonna go home and play it again now. I really wish Tim Calvert was still in the band. Something about that cd is just different, but it is definently good. Seems like Dead Heart is a little more straightforward. I mean the guitars still kill, but on DNB there is just this feel to them that is awesome. Hard to explain,but if you really like the album you know what I'm talking about.

n/p: Opeth-Blackwater Park

Originally posted by DrX
What do you think of Dreaming Neon Black? I just got it and am really trying to get into it. I'm a little disappointed though after so many great reviews. I would post this in the Nevermore forum, but I want to know what the Opeth fans think. Of course, I have never been dissappointed by an Opeth album...

I don't like Nevermore. I saw them in tour with Opeth, and they bored me to death. Credit to them they played after Opeth, and that was bound to happen with any band.

I love this album, as a matter of fact I was listening to it when I saw this thread. Now playing: Dreaming Neon Black

I never have been able to get into Nevermore. Warrel's an extremely talented vocalist, yet I just can't get into his style. I used to have DNB. Don't get me wrong, it has its moments and did listen to it occasionally but it just didn't do much for me.

Originally posted by Demonspell
...Dreaming Neon Black is a disturbing work of art born from the desperation of a troubled soul...

Thats a perfect description! I love Nevermore and I have all of their albums(DNB is my favorite). Warrel Dane is one of the most talented and unique singers I have ever heard, and he is a brilliant lyricist. All of their albums are amazing, but their self-titled debut often seems to go un-noticed. It has some great tracks: C.B.F., The Sanity Assassin, Garden of Grey.