"Akerfeldt can't sing and he has a bad technique"

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Ah, I just can't understand some people. First they call Opeth's vocals 'black' and then they say Mike's vibrato sucks, his technique is poor and blah blah blah. I tried to reply to the guy as did the few other Opeth fans but he kept insisting how Mike's pitch was annoying and how he couldn't really sing.

Just take a look at this thread on the Blind Guardian Metal forum, and please do drop a few lines if you will.

NP: Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black

If good singing means this high pitched power metal vocals I´m pretty glad Mikael is a lousy singer :D

who the fuck cares?

He has more feelings in his voice than anyone (almost).

And who the fuck care what you think? i thought that was induvidual what you like?

if u like Blind guradian so fuckin much go ahead and jack off to his voice.

i don`t care.

Arnold can`t act either but his so fuckin MORE cooler than Helen Hunt.

so fuck off and leave this forum.

:mad:

Originally posted by Deadlift
who the fuck cares?

He has more feelings in his voice than anyone (almost).

And who the fuck care what you think? i thought that was induvidual what you like?

if u like Blind guradian so fuckin much go ahead and jack off to his voice.

i don`t care.

Arnold can`t act either but his so fuckin MORE cooler than Helen Hunt.

so fuck off and leave this forum.

:mad:

What? who are you talking to?

Originally posted by Mayh
If good singing means this high pitched power metal vocals I´m pretty glad Mikael is a lousy singer :D

Exactly. I don't know shit about singing, so I can't say whether Mike hits the notes of not. All I know is that I like his voice better than any power metal singer.

Corky from Life goes on(is this the name of the show) is retarded...

wow, i read all the posts from that little deadnight warrior dude... people like this are going to land me in jail someday, i swear it. "his pitch control is terrible and he has no vibrato"... unbelievable. if any of you have listened to a clean singing section of an Opeth song and heard Mike "miss" a note, please please please tell me where. i don't see (hear, rather) it happening. to suggest, like this little guy does, that he has bad technique is without a doubt the most foolhardy statement i've heard this month. and i'm in college, around college kids all day, so that's saying a LOT. i have no idea who he's listening to that he's mistaking for Opeth if he thinks the vocalist is not talented/misses notes/can't sing technically, etc. ... absolutely absurd.

TheBigJones47,

Thanks, man. I felt exactly the same way when I first read the posts. I just tried not to be rude, but I tried hard.

NP: Bruce Dickinson - Accident of Birth