"Akerfeldt can't sing and he has a bad technique"

Originally posted by Mezarkabul
I posted this because I wanted other Opeth fans to read it and have a good laugh. Why are you annoyed by it anyway? I am free to post anything anywhere I want.

NP: Anacrusis - Screams and Whispers

I am not annoyed, you just seem to be quite insecure about your opinions of bands when you have to post threads such as this in boards such as this one.

I am not insecure at all. I post the same thing on any board. I don't change my opinion on any band or album when I see lots of others disagree with me, and I certainly didn't change my mind about Akerfeldt when the guy on the BG said that he can't sing and he has a bad technique.

If my posts bother you, sorry. You'll have to deal with it as I will post the same thing on various boards, IF I want to.

NP: Tad Morose - A Mended Rhyme

I am not insecure at all. I post the same thing on any board. I don't change my opinion on any band or album when I see lots of others disagree with me, and I certainly didn't change my mind about Akerfeldt when the guy on the BG said that he can't sing and he has a bad technique.

If my posts bother you, sorry. You'll have to deal with it as I will post the same thing on various boards, IF I want to.

NP: Tad Morose - A Mended Rhyme

If you did, I wouldn't have posted my post but since you haven't it seems that you're mainly looking for one-sided posts to justify your own opinion.

Wow. That's some idiocy on that thread. No vibrato??? :lol:

What the FUCK!? Opeth's style doesn't NEED vibrato. That's quite possibly the worst argument for Mikael having poor vocals I've ever heard.

Mikeal has decent range (he's a baritone), and excellent, emotional tone.

He's ALWAYS on key.

That guy is smoking crack.

Originally posted by MacMoney
If you did, I wouldn't have posted my post but since you haven't it seems that you're mainly looking for one-sided posts to justify your own opinion.
If I wanted to justify my opinion I would have given the people over there the link to this thread, but I didn't. I don't need anyone to back my opinions up. Especially not against a bunch of power metal freaks.

NP: Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding

And Dani Filth on general sucks in vocals. One of the worst screechers ever.

On dusk and her embrace, yeah. But if you seriosuly think he has no talent after hearing his vocals on midian, i seriously doubt your credibility as a vocal critic.

If I wanted to justify my opinion I would have given the people over there the link to this thread, but I didn't. I don't need anyone to back my opinions up. Especially not against a bunch of power metal freaks.

Say what you will but it definitely seems to me that you were seeking acceptance for your opinion with this thread.

On dusk and her embrace, yeah. But if you seriosuly think he has no talent after hearing his vocals on midian, i seriously doubt your credibility as a vocal critic.

So do that. I still think he just plain sucks, especially on Midian. That stuff would work much better with a clean vocalist.

Originally posted by MacMoney
Say what you will but it definitely seems to me that you were seeking acceptance for your opinion with this thread.

Well you got it wrong. Then, I didn't really see you add anything to this thread either. I mean you didn't say whether Akerfeldt has a good technique or not, you didn't say if he can sing or not, all you did was post here to tell me I posted this on another board. Do you even have an opinion on this at all? Why are you posting irrelevant stuff in here and how do you know WHY I made this thread anyway?

Much to your dismay, deal with it. I'll post multiple threads whenever I want to.

I get the feeling you are really bugged by more and more people getting into Opeth and digging their music.

Don't let that upset you, because Opeth rules.

NP: Eternity X - The Edge

yeah, morgour, anyone who thinks different is obviously and infidel, right?

seriously, i don't want to fall into this "fanboy" bashing thing that many people do on this forum. opeth is my favorite band, but even i can see and admit weaknesses in them. one of them is akerfeldt's clean vocals on the first two albums. his clean vocals on orchid and morningrise aren't terrible, but they aren't to great. however, akerfeldt's clean vocals are constatnly improving with each release. just listen to to bid ye farewell and then a fair judgement and you'll see the improvement.

i love his vocals on orchid..

i love the growling... the hunger.... like ive never heard on the other albums. for example in the mist she was standing he goes on a growling spree. i think it rocks.

it fits the music perfectly.

Mike's not professionally trained. So he's developed a style of his own instead of conforming to the "rules" of singing. Which makes him ten times more talented than any other "professionally trained" vocalist as far as im concerned.