nevermore question.

Terminator X

New Metal Member
Jun 22, 2003
VA
Visit site
i bought nevermore's s/t CD for $2 at a thirft shop today. it's the first i had ever heard by them, and it's ok. my question is, is this album good representation of the band's later stuff as well?

Terminator X said:
i bought nevermore's s/t CD for $2 at a thirft shop today. it's the first i had ever heard by them, and it's ok. my question is, is this album good representation of the band's later stuff as well?
Their material has been fairly consistant soundwise, you should like the newer stuff as well.... it doesn't have as much of a thrash element anymore and Warrel's vocal range has gotten larger, but thats a good thing In my opinion.

The earlier stuff is more thrashy, though Enemies of Reality is thrashier than its predecessor Dead Heart in a Dead World. I personally think Dead Heart in a Dead World is their best CD, it is more melodic and depressive.

Politics of Ecstacy is a mean and heavy record.

Dreaming Neon Black is a darker and more melodic record.

Dead Heart In A Dead World (my personal favorite) seems to be their most varied, you can never tire of it, and their songwriting is at an absolute high.

Enemies of Reality is a raw and brutal thrashing album, with a great ballad or two, not to mention that crazy psychadelic track.

its all awesome.

Politics of Ecstacy + Dead Heart in a Dead World = Bearable, often good.

Self-Titled + Dreaming Neon Black = Average, boring.

Enemies of Reality = Forced, Overhyped, Mostly lame.