Nevermore/Sanctuary influences...

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
Alright, we've heard Nevermore/Sanctuary cover Priest, Simon & Garfunkel, Jefferson Airplane, and Bauhaus. But, who else do you think contributes to the "unique" Nevermore sound.

My choices include: Queensryche, Metal Church, Savatage, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Ozzy/Black Sabbath, Candlemass, Testament, Etcc,,

All comments welcomed.

Zane-X

forbidden_twisted.jpg

King%20Diamond%20-%20Abigail.jpg

Don't%20Break%20The%20Oath.jpg

I remember in an interview with Warrel Dane, I think he said he would like to cover the song Abigail.

A long time ago you said you would do a song for the King Diamond tribute for Necropolis Records. I remember you said you would do Abigail.

(Warrel) I would have loved to do Abigail. I don’t know what happened.

Metal head87 said:
King%20Diamond%20-%20Abigail.jpg

Don't%20Break%20The%20Oath.jpg

I remember in an interview with Warrel Dane, I think he said he would like to cover the song Abigail.

A long time ago you said you would do a song for the King Diamond tribute for Necropolis Records. I remember you said you would do Abigail.

(Warrel) I would have loved to do Abigail. I don’t know what happened.
http://www.thegrimoire.com/nevermore.htm That's the link but Bill Zebub totally disrespected Chuck Sculdiner in that interview. Luckily Warrel stood up for him.

Thank you for posting that interview so that I could lose every ounce of respect that I once had for Nevermore, jackass.

That's a funny interview. Learn to laugh. A band doesn't have to be serious 24/7. I respect Warrel even more since he stuck up for Chuck when that asshole Bill was insulting him.

Well, I wasn't being entirely serious, but it is definitely an awkward, embarrassing, childish, toilet humor interview.

Edit: By the way, if you have seen any of my jokes on this board, then you would know that I am also completely void of self-respect.

I actually didn't even know Nevermore had a forum here. I just saw it now actually.

If you think that interview was stupid, the Enslaved, Cannibal Corpse, Darkthrone and Hellhammer (the drummer, not the band obviously) ones make that seem philosophical. The Enslaved one is pretty much yo mama jokes being told back and forth. The Cannibal Corpse on has Bill trying to get George to sing Mary Had A Little Lamb. The Darkthrone one has Fenriz quoting George Castanza. And the Hellhammer one has Bill trying to get Hellhammer to admit that he's Jewish (I don't know what it is with that Bill Zebub guy and Jewish jokes. He goes a bit far sometimes) and that Euronymous was gay.

My suggestion is for you to leave now. I'm not telling you this because I'm an elitist. I am purely a humanitarian, and I don't want to see any more people hurt.

Metal head87 said:
I actually didn't even know Nevermore had a forum here. I just saw it now actually.

If you think that interview was stupid, the Enslaved, Cannibal Corpse, Darkthrone and Hellhammer (the drummer, not the band obviously) ones make that seem philosophical. The Enslaved one is pretty much yo mama jokes being told back and forth. The Cannibal Corpse on has Bill trying to get George to sing Mary Had A Little Lamb. The Darkthrone one has Fenriz quoting George Castanza. And the Hellhammer one has Bill trying to get Hellhammer to admit that he's Jewish (I don't know what it is with that Bill Zebub guy and Jewish jokes. He goes a bit far sometimes) and that Euronymous was gay.

And Metalheads wonders why their music form has no credibility.

That is just one stupid magazine meant for laughs. The only time the interviews are ever serious is with King Diamond since he worships King as much as I do. I respect metal musicians for being able to laugh at themselves every now and then. It's childish to act stupid all the time, but once in a while, it shows that you can laugh at yourself and relax. That you're just another person instead of some musician on a pedestal that has to influence that generation of aspiring musicians. There is a time and a place for everything.
I'm not used to your sense of humor, so I don't know if you're joking around or not. But relax. It's not like this is offensive material I posted. I won't even put the link for the interviews that have some ethnic jokes in them and I wasn't planning to either.

That all may be true, but that website exists simply to perpetuate every stereotype. People will see it and have another reason why someone who listens to Metal has no intelligence, taste, or tact. There's nothing funny about the Nevermore interview. Childish humor requires a clever delivery. Take Bill Hicks, for example. The man can tell a good dick joke. It's hard to even make it through two questions of the Nevermore interview. I wouldn't really have a problem if half of the interview was like that, and then they also were able to carry on an actual interview. The nude female photographs pretty much serve to summarize the website: crude, amateurish, and devoid of integrity.

Realize though, that nobody who would stumble onto that site or magazine would be completely ignorant of what metal and metal musicians are really about. They would have already read an interview with Warrel being well spoken and intelligent way before finding out about The Grimoire. I've read who knows how many Nevermore interviews before I found that one. It's not like it even appears on the search engine. I found the site by looking up the magazine and saw they had interviews online. This is just for cheap, mindless laughs meant for people that are already deep into the genre. It's not like Beevis And Butthead who were broadcasted nationally, even internationally, showing everyone that metalheads are a bunch of babbling morons.

For the record, the only reason I posted that interview was just so that nobody would think I was making up when I said that Warrel said in an interview that King was a huge influence. If you think that was so offensive to Nevermore, I'll edit it out of my post, if I can, since I'm not interested in insulting Nevermore on their own forum. I'm not backing down or anything since if this was just some general discussion, I would just leave it there. But as I said, I'm not looking to disrespect Nevermore since I'm a huge fan of their's.

By the way, I totally agree that The Grimoire has no integrity and is very amateurish. I also think it's stupid as hell and ridiculous. But I also think that all of that contributes to what makes it funny.
But I'm not trying to sell Grimoire and I don't care so much about it even.

:lol: You're taking me way too seriously. You're supposed to just ignore whatever I say and believe that I'm just a pretentious prick who has no opinion of his own. Don't you know how this works? Damn it man. The website should simply be removed from the Internet, not the link to it in your post. ^_^ The most embarrassing aspect of that entire website is the fact that there is someone who visits it daily, laughs his or her ass off, and then is seen on the street by the non-Metal public with a Metal band name on his shirt. The most positive aspect of that entire website is the fact that we can locate that person and kill him or her.