Nevermore tour with Megadeth?

Matt Lee said:
Um...I've stood through about 7 DT concerts, including the 2.5-3 hourish ones, so yeah, that should answer your question. They ARE a treat to see if you like their music. If you like what they do, they're one of the best live bands around, IMHO (at least from a musician's perspective). And they do tour with bands more or less their style, they do two tours every album, and lately one is just them, no one else, for 2-3 hours. Then the other one they do the weird lineup thing, like double headlining with Satriani, or Queensryche, or Yes, all very appropriate. Megadeth is the oddest recently perhaps, but not inappropriate. Their roots are in classic metal as well as classic prog, and they can hang with the best of either camp (and pretty much have).

If DT is not your thing, I can understand, but for those whose thing they ARE, they're fuckin' amazing, and I have not been bored once out of all 7ish times I've seen them (except during Satriani's set :D )

DiscipleofTruMetal: As for Loomis upstaging Petrucci...Um...have you SEEN petrucci play? The only reason anyone would think he could make Petrucci "poop his pants" is because they're a Nevermore fan who doesn't respect DT much. From an actual guitar perspective...No. Loomis is great, but no.

The only problem I have with this lineup is 1) I don't want to see Fear Factory, just dont' care, and 2) I'd rather see Nevermore play a longer set and not so much Megadeth. Unless Megadeth has somehow magically gotten as tight as they were in '98 and before. I know they've gotten better than the last few runs, but I still don't trust them.
i dont even know where to start....

I dont have DT hate, they just bore me.... live, terribly....
I never once DID NOT say they are good mucisians or anything,
I myself own teo of their CDs, and seen them live twice,
one more time and I'll pass out.
o_O

but thats ok, on every tour there is this ONE band that you're not interested in,
and while they play, you can take the time to drink, go to the ladies room, mingle, walk around, or even take a quick knitting course.
last tour it was Children of Bodom, I guess this tour it'd be DT for me.

o_O X 2

Karmic said:
Seriously, I'd love that lineup here, even with DT.

DT is brilliant.... except the vocalist. If only WD would. >_>

I still don't really understand. First you whine about no tours, and even make a petition. Then, when the rumor of a tour comes up, you become all whiny about who theyre touring with.

Take it or leave it.
actually the petition was in response to this thread. Its been too long since nevermore has done a headlining US tour

ima thrashy kinda guy so megadeth headlining wont bother me, of course its not ideal but those 3 together, FINE BY ME, i dont care WHAT the ticket costs, id totally be there

Random Beard said:
I don't give a shit who they play with, I won't pay Megadeth prices.

Fuck, I only paid 15 bucks to see megadeth in Detroit. Save for the siger DT is awesome. Man did I almost call this on the Testament board or what. but yes, I would much rather see a headlining show, unless all these bands are givemn full set legnths.

MetalSteph said:
Schecter sucks balls. I gave them a pix of Sean from White Zombie years ago and NEVER got paid. I think in all my years they're the only company who's ever stiffed me. I never gave them that shot or permission to use it. Fucking cheap bastards.

Jeff - can you switch to ESP please?

WORD. ESP > all.