MEGADETH Mainman Threatens To Cancel Greek Tour Over 'Satanic' Support Act - May 7, 2

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
MEGADETH Mainman Threatens To Cancel Greek Tour Over 'Satanic' Support Act - May 7, 2005
MEGADETH's previously announced gigs in Greece — on June 17 and 18 in Athens and Thessaloniki, respectively — appear to be in jeopardy over the participation of one of the scheduled support acts, Greek black metallers ROTTING CHRIST. It appears that Dave Mustaine is willing to cancel MEGADETH's Greek dates (to be more specific: wherever ROTTING CHRIST are set to appear as support) due to his known dislike for black/death metal bands that depict religious issues in a negative way. Here's what a member (Nickname: April3rd) of MEGADETH's official forums posted concerning this issue and what Dave Mustaine posted in response (as found on the band's forums):

- April3rd: "Well, MEGADETH will be playing Greece this summer. Both Athens and Thessaloniki. Although it is not yet on the Killing Road the company that organizes the concert announced that the support act for the gig in Athens will be the Greek black metal band ROTTING CHRIST. We all know Dave's beliefs and his opinion about black metal. ROTTING CHRIST, as you can easily understand, don't actually go to church every Sunday, instead they had taken part in the 'Fuck Christ Tour' along with MAYHEM and other Satanic bands a few years ago.

"Hey, Dave, do you mind them opening for you?"

- Dave Mustaine: "Well, if they are on it, I certainly don't want to kick them off. We will just have to pass and play Greece another time or place. I have informed my management and they know what I feel."

(Thanks: Orpheus Spiliotopoulos / Metal-Temple.com)

what a loser... does he not realize Nevermore has a bunch of Anti-Jebus songs?

well, i kind of understand it if he's extremely christian and that band is called rotting christ and they are satanic black metal, but i think cancelling is just a little too much.

I'd give him some points for pulling his own band out rather than trying to force Rotting Christ off those dates, but I suspect a band as big as Megadeth threatening to pull out of shows will have the same effect. I can't say I have ever heard a Rotting Christ song but I honestly hope they end up playing those dates and Megadeth takes a walk. Nobody should ever get bumped from a tour on their home soil.

Lord Foul said:
I'd give him some points for pulling his own band out rather than trying to force Rotting Christ off those dates, but I suspect a band as big as Megadeth threatening to pull out of shows will have the same effect. I can't say I have ever heard a Rotting Christ song but I honestly hope they end up playing those dates and Megadeth takes a walk. Nobody should ever get bumped from a tour on their home soil.
100% agree with you.

emm....
seems to me dave needs some more body chemical changes...
he used to wear a venom shirt, bloody double standards crap, with his iq he could see that what are words, or does he see that thy will do evil thing son stage, does evil exist....always a managment issue, blame it on someone typical fucken american bullshitter. and his new album really is a fizzle, his lyrics sound phoney ass, check out Megadeth - The System Has Failed - 08 - Something I'm Not

I'ts bullshit. Go to the Megadeth forum, and read "Dave Speaks". He makes a post almost everyday, and his post today on this topic is not as reported by Blabbermouth.
He will play the show regardless of what Rotting Christ believes, and that's that. He has no issues with playing with them and he feels as though people are putting him into a corner because of his choice of religion. He did not make this an issue...the media has.

media always has issue , thats how they make money....
dave always had mouth.
he is not director of operations anymore