NEVERMORE

Elysian893 said:
no, i think you're point is totally lost, should give it up, i win:Spin:

Heavenscent said:
AAAArgh, damn your diabolical debate skills!!

Alright, how about Bodomite wins?

Originally Posted by bodomite
GUYS COMEON MAN arguing over music is immature
everyone has different taste let whoever wants to listen to what be!

Elysian893 said:
you obviously haven't heard "This Godless Endeavor"(the album, or the song). and every song by Nevermore is infinitely more catchy than anything on AYDY.

I don't get the AYDY comparison, but I'll check out the 'This Godless Endeavor' album.

Does an album have to be catchy to be good? No, an album has to be catchy to be directed to mainstream audiences. Nevermore has never tried to direct themselves to mainstream. In fact if you listen to the lyrics you would find their true intensions.

I love Warrel's voice now but I have to be honest and say that at first I hated it. I really had to listen to them a lot to like the vocals.

I don't understand the AYDY comparissions either. But This Godless Endeavor is fucking awesome. The solos on Final Product absolutely slay and Sentient 6 is such an eerie song. I love it. I think the last track is my favorite though.

The Bringer said:
Does an album have to be catchy to be good? No, an album has to be catchy to be directed to mainstream audiences. Nevermore has never tried to direct themselves to mainstream. In fact if you listen to the lyrics you would find their true intensions.

I love Warrel's voice now but I have to be honest and say that at first I hated it. I really had to listen to them a lot to like the vocals.
i don't think they necissarily tried to be catchy on this godless endeavor, but i find myself really remembering the songs, especially the chorus'... and your right, sentient 6 is erie as hell, but i love it, who can't love a song about robots taking over the earth? lol

the album also shows its very obvious warrel spent a lot of time on the lyrics, i mean not once did he say "i don't give a flying fuck mother fucker!"

I love Alexi's powerful and aggressive black metal vocals that sound young.

Whoever is the Nevermore singer, I think it doesn't fit the music at all, it's like he's singing a ballad, for fuck's sake.

Joonas Lehtonen said:

Whoever is the Nevermore singer, I think it doesn't fit the music at all, it's like he's singing a ballad, for fuck's sake.
black metal vocals :lol: is that why you bought a keyboard? to make what you think is black metal? you fucking douche. to steal a phrase, stop typing words.

Final_Product said:
My name kinda explains it. Musically, lyrically, vocally nevermore hit every nail on the head for me, love 'em to bits and cant get enough.

Totally the same only I don't have a song in my name...

I'm with Elysian on this stuff 100%. Nevermore > most other things. Warrel sounds like he's singing a ballad? yeah on the ballads I guess. but on the other songs? Have you even HEARD him?

EDIT: This ^^ was a response to Joonas Lehareyoudouchedyettonen

Sinister Mephisto <3 Warrel Dane/Jeff Loomis

Joonas Lehtonen said:

You must mean vocals that sound horrible and never developed over the last 10 years. I really do think he should have taken death metal vocals from someone who knows how it's done in order to have any kind of credibility. Now it just sounds like a fucking joke.

ALEXI'S VOCALS ARE FAR FROM BLACK METAL. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT BLACK METAL IS?
That is all I need to say about that statement.

blindvomit said:
Hey let's play the "compare-ever-band-artist-guitarist-vocalist-album with AYDY" game, Elysian, care to be the host?

Who the fuck cares if an album is better than AYDY, who cares who's a better guitarist than Alexi, who cares who has the bigger penis, why don't stop comparing everything that comes out of the market to Children of Bodom or AYDY. If you like it, good for you, if you don't, arguing on the internet isn't going to make the album any better, so if you think AYDY is shit, oh well nothing you can do about it, just suck it up and wait to hear what the next album is. This shit is fucking ridiculous(sp).
I was gonna post exactly the same thing.. thanks for saving me the time

Wings of a dream said:
Yeah, but he's got style! does anybody get my point?

i get your point completely. so many people on here say, that guy sucks, this guy sucks. but cant really say how. if they did it would help the conversations much more. thats the problem, people stick with the guys they like, name them supreme over all, and the guitar players that get a lot of attention they say, "he sucks". alexi is good, loomis is good, they're both bad ass...but whatever. the only one that sucks is warrell, :lol: