• Dead Heart In A Dead World

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Enemies of Reality

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • This Godless Endeavor

Votes: 40 41.2%

• Total voters
Will Bozarth said:
Dreaming Neon Black - One of the most incredibly emotional albums I've ever owned. Every song flows together perfectly, and it tells a story (literally) that'll boggle your mind. The music is incredible, and the lyrics are of equal incredibleness.

I agree completely!

:headbang:

Dreaming Neon is quite simply my favourite album of any genre and has been for many, many years.

Dead Heart was probably my second fave for a while after it came out but I just found it had more of a "burn out" factor than the other albums after listening to it over and over again. Maybe because it wasn't quite so complex? Still love it but it probably comes in fourth these days.

Politics was my second favourite for a long time, but This Godless Endeavour just edged it out, I think. Then again, I'll see what I think in a year or so, but Godless feels like it's got more staying power than dead heart did.

That said, if In Memory was a full album that was in the same style and up to the same standard of quality as what's on the EP, it'd no doubt be my second fave. Love that cd... it's like DNB's little brother.

I guess Enemies is my second least favourite - not because it's not awesome, and nothing to do with the original production... I just always felt it was the most one dimensional Nevermore album (though it does what it does exceedingly well) and it just feels a little short. Still brilliant though.

Self titled comes last, but man I love some of those songs. It just doesn't have quite the air of greatness of the other albums to my mind - there are precognitive echoes of what was to come, though.

And of course the Sanctuary albums rule as well. But Neon Black will always the one, I think.

Final_Product said:
Damn French...always trying to avoid conflict...:p
hey !!!!!!!!!! not my fault, just started Dreaming neon black... I can't stop it now!
and it ll be the same with the next :headbang:
Too much for my neurons :worship:

Dreaming Neon Black: for one, I have a thing for concept albums. Two....its Dreaming Neon Black, you fuckers.

This Godless Endeavor is a very close second though. Politics of Ecstasy was a great album, but it just didn't "wow" me like DNB and TGE. I guess I got used to the more refined sound presented on the later albums.